Source For Erlyenmeyer Flasks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
count me in on that. I wouldnt mind picking up 3-4 different sizes.

Dropped my 3L one last weekend!

Actually, just spoke to the guy there and he said private sales were ok, just ignore the ABN number on the form. Still, bulk buy might work out better for postage...

get it all sent to one address and then have a beer and a pick up your flask day...

hah, luck of the Irish, I just ordered some today from Sydney for twice that price.
I would be interested in a 2lt and 2x1ltr if doing a bulk buy, either way i will grab a few, i have an ABn and registered for account

Very cheap. I'm in for 2 x 2L.
Anyone know of a good price for a 5L?

If we do the bulk buy for the flask's where would we meet? I reckon jyo's or would you all be keen to run to bunno for a day?

Or even jimboley's?

Now do i need to ask the admin to set this up?

Definitely no ABN required. Took CC over the phone. They quoted me $15 for courier to Fortitude Valley (for 1 flask). I'm going to get the wife to pick it up though. Remember those prices are without GST. Best price I could find by a long shot.

I was going to ask about shipping costs (to Melb), but if they charge $15 for a local delivery, I'm not sure I want to know the cost to here. ;)

Just a word on Wiltronics, many of their jars, flasks etc are so cheap because they are made from soda glass, not borosilicate. Anyone buying glasswear should always ask the question about what they're made from.

proudscum, what is your flask made of ? For $14 I would be seriously thinking about how you use it - like putting it directly on your stovetop to boil liquids, then chilling in a water bath.

I've got a few wiltronics flasks and haven't had any dramas with them. Stove to ice and no cracks yet.

Why a bulk buy get on their web sight and buy the fu%#ing things. if you can't spare the money have a look in the supermarket bottle shops etc for suitable bottles. Like I did before I un-clenched a bit. Best thing I ever did. They fu&%ed up my order first time and sent half beakers instead. thought maybe I will use them, so I just ordered more, all good and beakers do come in handy.
They are cheap and make yeast growing a pleasure. straight off the stove into the sink. and I did buy them from wiltronics.

Just a word on Wiltronics, many of their jars, flasks etc are so cheap because they are made from soda glass, not borosilicate. Anyone buying glasswear should always ask the question about what they're made from.

proudscum, what is your flask made of ? For $14 I would be seriously thinking about how you use it - like putting it directly on your stovetop to boil liquids, then chilling in a water bath.

They clearly differentiate between borosilicate and otherwise, so I'd doubt that the items specifically listed as borosilicate are anything other than that.

Cheapest I have seen is Livingstone in Sydney.

You can get a THREE litre borosilicate erlenmeyer for around $35. They also have stir bars in a range of styles and sizes

http://www.livingstone.com.au/2010/?PG=sea...arch=erlenmeyer

i might add the 3 litre flask i bought from livingstone was branded simax, the glass is a lot thicker than the 1, 2 or 5 ltr flasks

its a quality product from czech republic, which is important if you are making a starter for an authentic bohemian pilsner

i got from willtronics 4x 1ltr borosilicate used them on the weekend and no dramas strait
off the stove to my ghetto ice bath it handled it fine.
their packaging was a 800mm square box for 4 flasks, so no damage.

i would recommend them.

Why a bulk buy get on their web sight and buy the fu%#ing things. if you can't spare the money have a look in the supermarket bottle shops etc for suitable bottles. Like I did before I un-clenched a bit. Best thing I ever did. They fu&%ed up my order first time and sent half beakers instead. thought maybe I will use them, so I just ordered more, all good and beakers do come in handy.
They are cheap and make yeast growing a pleasure. straight off the stove into the sink. and I did buy them from wiltronics.

Now doing as a bulk buy we save on the cost of frieght. plus we all get a decent saving on the equipment instead of paying double and insane freight.

BTW anyone want sterile test bottles??

Okay just done the email to dane for the bulk buy. Once its all okay i will start the thread with size recommendations...

I want sterile test bottles, assuming you're referring to the ~30ml ones with screw on lids that are used to refrigerate split yeast strains? I'm just organising my stir plate first then I'll be sourcing the containers. Cheers

I think you will get a lot of interest in this buy. I am anyway! :D

There freight prices are definatley not cheap, $ 30.00 for a 2 litre to me in Toowoomba, its only 130Kms away

Back