Sorry, but we're not sorry - BrewDog pull off an awesome PR stunt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimT

Reaction score
Hilarious.

BrewDog apologises to Portman Group for ‘not giving a shit’ over marketing rules breach
BrewDog has issued a ‘formal apology’ to The Portman Group after the independent complaints panel found that the craft brewer had encouraged anti-social behaviour and binge drinking with its Dead Pony Club ale advertising – in breach of the alcohol marketing code.

Expressing ‘indifference and nonchalance’ at the ruling BrewDog went on to attack double standards in the industry which protect ‘gigantic faceless brands’ and stymie ‘creativity and competition’.

In a combative statement James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog, said: “On behalf of BrewDog PLC and its 14,691 individual shareholders, I would like to issue a formal apology to the Portman Group for not giving a shit about today’s ruling. Indeed, we are sorry for never giving a shit about anything the Portman Group has to say, and treating all of its statements with callous indifference and nonchalance.”

And more. Oh so much more.

Accused of promoting binge drinking ... 3.8% ABV ... -_-

wide eyed and legless said:
Well, one couldn't ask for better advertising, and its free!
Have to agree,the best form of advertising is free and The Portman Group have kicked an own goal.

Oh eff me, that is pure gold! "Shatterproof tankard" Damn, respect. I'd like to know Brew Dog's perspective on what the true evils of the industry are.

Latest posts

Back