• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Son Of Fermentor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rude

Reaction score
Hey all well perth crew got a fridge now with a stc 1000 control so do not need my son of fermenter

Im renovating at the moment so it needs to go

It surficed for me the last summer it has a thermostat controlling a computer fan

Also a light globe controlling the heat for winter

Fits 4 milk containers frozen so lagers are on

Price a couple of youre finest or a carton of trummer pils

IMG_2148_3_1.JPG

IMG_2149_4_1.JPG

IMG_2150_5_1.JPG

IMG_2151_1_1.JPG

IMG_2151_1_1.JPG

IMG_2152_1_1.JPG

IMG_2152_1_1.JPG

IMG_2155_1_1.JPG

IMG_2155_1_1.JPG

IMG_2168_1_1.JPG

IMG_2168_1_1.JPG

IMG_2169_1_1.JPG

IMG_2169_1_1.JPG

IMG_2170_1_1.JPG

I wish you lived in SA. I am brewing way too hot at the moment (24 C) but can't bring the temp down with ice and a wet towel (which is all I have access to). How did you make this? How much does it bring the temp down from ambient?

Just followed the threads on how to make it plus got lucky & got all parts free

It gets below 18 c in the hieght of summer no worries

No mate saving it for you but if you dont want it another bloke Kiefer I think was keen

A couple of youre ambers & she is sweet

I did send you a pm?

If you don't want it jyo I'll happily snap it up :p

Just followed the threads on how to make it plus got lucky & got all parts free

It gets below 18 c in the hieght of summer no worries

What is this contraption called so I can look up these threads you speak of. I tried searching for "Son of Fermenter" and "Ice temp control".

I think I need one after my yeast spaz out last week.

No mate saving it for you but if you dont want it another bloke Kiefer I think was keen

A couple of youre ambers & she is sweet

I did send you a pm?

I'd love it, mate, it looks awesome!
Didn't get a PM though.

Cheers, John.

What is this contraption called so I can look up these threads you speak of. I tried searching for "Son of Fermenter" and "Ice temp control".

I think I need one after my yeast spaz out last week.

I believe its known as "Son of Fermentation", not "Son of Fermentor". I'm suprised that google didn't notice a difference. I haven't looked on AHB for instructions though.

PDF Instructions here

I have only briefly browsed through the instructions above but have not constructed one as I have a temp controlled fridge.

Yes you are right billgill

I just got the ideas from google started collecting bits & pieces

Cutting the insulated panels was messy

Made some allright ales last summer plus used a heater (lamp) for winter to pump out some APAs ,Bitters

I have gone the stc 1000 with all fridge (holds 2 fermenters) way which is superior as I can get constant temp plus crash chill

Back