Some Light Reading.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spork

Reaction score
My parcel from Amazon arrived today. "Designing great beers" and "Yeast - the practical guide to beer fermentation". Sheez. I might as well just do a degree in brewing science...
I think I'll start with the "yeast...." one. Bigger print and smaller words. :)

My parcel from Amazon arrived today. "Designing great beers" and "Yeast - the practical guide to beer fermentation". Sheez. I might as well just do a degree in brewing science...
Brought the Yeast book a few months back its a great read. Considering the topic and the depth its covered in its amazing they were able to keep the book so readable.

I just finished Yeast. First bit of biology is a little tedious but all the rest of the book is absolutely fantastic. I learnt so much from that book and I'll always refer to it in the future.

I also have the yeast. it is interesting and brings alot of knowledge to my attention that I would otherwise not even know exist.
And I also got Chris White to autograph it for me as a local homebrew competition where he was a guest judge so its not all that bad =)

Already read Designing, looking forward to yeast one day :)

I also have the yeast. it is interesting and brings alot of knowledge to my attention that I would otherwise not even know exist.
And I also got Chris White to autograph it for me as a local homebrew competition where he was a guest judge so its not all that bad =)

You have yeast. That's fucked up dude

I have both books and haven't gotten too yeast yet, but designing is great, its really 2 sections, overview of brewing materials/ingredients and then styles so you can really read half the book then put it down till you say have the fever for a nice kolsch.

Section 1 in designing is fantastic, but i find the styles in section 2 so blurred it can but hard to find exact reference, e.g., american pale and english pale lumped together, EIPA's, AIPA's etc.

not that easy to find say water chemistry for american IPA. But what i have taken so far from the book was worth the price and there is heaps in section 2 i Haven't read yet.

Back