Sodium Percarbonate = Cheap Dishwasher Detergent!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edoeven

Reaction score
Made a bit of a discovery recently - I live in a sharehouse with 4 other people - so we do quite a few dishes (especially when everyone cooks their own stuff, invite friends over etc etc). We stuffed around with different dishwasher detergents... the cheap stuff left streaks and "mystery dishwasher sand" in all the glasses (no good for beer!!!), and the expensive tablet ones worked well but, pretty exxy...

Anyway, the other day we ran out of tablets, and really needed to do some dishes the lazy way (no plates, noooooo....) I had recently grabbed 4 or 5 or some large amount in KG of 99% sodium percarbonate in a bulk buy from here - it was pretty cheap to from memory, only a few $ per KG - it was sitting nearby, chucked some of that into the dishwasher and gave it a whirl... the result... sparkling clean dishes every time, and only a few cents cost each time instead of close to a dollar for some of the tablets !!
:icon_chickcheers: more money for brew ! :party:

I figure it should be OK for the dishwasher as its fine in washing machines etc (napisan)... !

*i take no responsibility if it destroys someones dishwasher hehe

so yeah... enjoy not spending so much on dishwasher stuff if you are game and have a large excess of sodium percarbonate :D

I've done this too - dunno how good it is for the dish washer?
and is it biodegradeable?

Latest posts

Back