Snpa In Adl!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tasting time.

Nice copper colour

Citric hop tang that is subdued slightly and dominated by sweet crystal malt flavas.
very well balanced and clean,but seems to lack that hop kick that an LCPA has, probably more to do with freshness than any thing.

Looks good smells nice ,tastes nice ,well balanced 7.5/10

Totally Jayse - the emersons APA is on the top of my list....found the SNPA lacking all that is furiously mentioned here !!

Cheers
JSB

mmmmmmmmmmm emmmmmmersons :) :rolleyes: :) !!!

Zakk Wylde can play a banjo, as far as anyone else, i could fart on it and make it sound better. By the way did you know Zakks fav beer is SNPA?

SDMF
Jayse

OK, so i'm keen to try the Emersons APA, is it only available @ the furry cup(wheatsheaf) or is there some where else i can pick up a bottle?.

Whats the price at the wheaty?

I may just go and cash in my can/bottle collection at thebby depot and sneak over to the pub and try one this week.

Ah the life of a council worker :p

Jayse, Wee Stu,Kai,Tangent ....Any one help me out here?

Brauluver said:
OK, so i'm keen to try the Emersons APA, is it only available @ the furry cup(wheatsheaf) or is there some where else i can pick up a bottle?.

Whats the price at the wheaty?

I may just go and cash in my can/bottle collection at thebby depot and sneak over to the pub and try one this week.

Ah the life of a council worker :p

Jayse, Wee Stu,Kai,Tangent ....Any one help me out here?
[post="103946"][/post]​

It is not cheap at the wheaty, maybe $10 a bottle. Might even be $12, but is a 500ml bottle.

The booze brothers at the royal oak in o'connell st, north adelaide often has a good range of emersons in stock, not sure about the APA though -

wee stu said:
It is not cheap at the wheaty, maybe $10 a bottle. Might even be $12, but is a 500ml bottle.

The booze brothers at the royal oak in o'connell st, north adelaide often has a good range of emersons in stock, not sure about the APA though -
[post="103947"][/post]​
It is $12 at the Wheaty and you can get it for $10 at the Royal Oak.

The Wheaty is a great a pub and if you are avoiding it then it's your loss.

Cheers Wee Stu, I work in and around Nth Adelaide so I'll check it out. :beer:

don't forget that the wheatie does takeaways

(big show on there for Australia Day)

with the selection on hand and tap at the wheatie if i still lived in adelaide im sure it would be a regular stopping point each week for me.

cheers
big d

Aaron said:
The Wheaty is a great a pub and if you are avoiding it then it's your loss.
[post="103949"][/post]​

Looks like I'll be stoppin in there for a beer real soon then :excl: :excl:

Cheers boys :party:

I think i wait a while for me emersons apa as i will get fresh when im in Nz in a couple of months

Looks like its covered. Just be careful, it's easy to walk out of the royal oak booze brothers with $50 or more worth of beer.

while in adelaide over the xmas break i visited the wheatie twice. shut both times. rang numerous times to ask about opening times(or if they were still open) NO JOY. was extrmeley pissed off. i was gagging for some Emersons ipa so was i in the right place the wheatsheaf hotel (pub) on george street thebarton!!!!!! as this was going to be one of the 2 high lights of the trip to town im am still very pissed off! the second was catching up/meeting crispy but i left all the contact details at home, then i come home to discover the computer has decided to play silly buggers and wipe all my brew list;s contacts etc. and no body had the various brew books i was looking for!!! AHHHHHH S#$t :( :( :(

spog said:
while in adelaide over the xmas break i visited the wheatie twice. shut both times. rang numerous times to ask about opening times(or if they were still open) NO JOY.
[post="103985"][/post]​
That is strange as they are open every day from 11am, normally til fairly late. Make an effort to get there next time you are in town, it's a great spot.

jazman,you lucky bugga,i was in nz last april and visited emersons brewery,at the time they were preparing to move to a bigger premise;s . do as i did and explain that you are a keen hb,er and ask if you could have a tour. they are very helpful , i spoke to fella named jeff,a top bloke who gave a sample straight from the bright tanks. fanbloodytastic!! and all at 10am in the morning..
so check their current address, and then head down too wanaka and suss the brew again, very very good and grab a mix six to bring home.
also try spieghts brewery ale house while in dunedin, good grub with good beer.

and if in christchurch(this may be where you fly into) try the dux de lux brewery, again fantastic. just head for the police hq building. dux de lux if you are looking at plod central is over to your right ,or try it in queenstown you will not be sorry i promise, again you lucky bugga can i hide in your suit case :D :beer:

cheers arron, will do .should be in july sometime (hopefully going to canberra so will suss it out then) as i pass through. :beerbang:

sorry for the thread hijack spog was in nz last march to early april and i love the wanaka beer works and been to the spieghts ale house in quenstown food was average but that were i had the pils and also went to dunedin last year and could not get a hold of the brewery for a sample and im not going that way this time

Back