Smoking, Yes Or No

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive quit for about 6 months now, was smoking 20-25 a day for 6-7 years, got champix from the doc which worked really well.
tried to quit several times before then but drinking was always my downfall, i always think i can be one of those people who can just smoke when they drink but i eventually just get back to smoking full time.
not ever going to have another one, i think if i had one or two i could quite easily get back into the habit so i dont think i can ever have another one.

:icon_cheers:

ive quit for about 6 months now, was smoking 20-25 a day for 6-7 years, got champix from the doc which worked really well.
tried to quit several times before then but drinking was always my downfall, i always think i can be one of those people who can just smoke when they drink but i eventually just get back to smoking full time.
not ever going to have another one, i think if i had one or two i could quite easily get back into the habit so i dont think i can ever have another one.

:icon_cheers:

That's the secret Steve, never have that first one and you will never smoke again!

Nothing better than a few hop flowers rolled up in a doobie.

Wait, we are talking about smoking hops aren't we?

I can't remember the result of the Adelaide case swap hop smoking experiments but we did work out which hops smoke better than others.........

Not a smoker here . . .

but remember the Y7 disco and before hand we met up for illicit smokes and the good ol Brandivino.

The brandavino won . .. hence why I am here hahahahaha

But had 2 mates die from smoking (throat c and lung c - fit active blokes too) so, glad I didn't take t up

only the grain in my smoker. which i use for brewing

Twenty years of smoking - 60 a day by the time i called it off.

Took three goes and two years to kick it, but kick it i did. Not one in over 8 years now. Still want one at least a couple of times a week.

Give em up - it will, truly and really, be the best thinsg you have ever done in your life. You'll hate every minute of it - and it will still be number one.

That's the problem with smoking in the first place, you'll get those craving for the rest of your life. You just get real good at ignoring them. My Aunty in Law hasn't smoked for over 20 years, she refuses to have one even if she really want it, because she knows she'll be back on them fpor good.

It killed my mum, only 61 yesrs old. Glad to say I stoped years ago.

Didnt have a smoke in 5 years, went to a party very recently and "old friend" rolls a scoob and confident me...yummm I remember that stuff, relapse the next day...cigarette. Took it up again, all the bad habits were immediatly there i.e smoke when hungry etc etc. What a shit,, its been 3 tough no smoking days to undo 3 weeks of stupidity.

If you like a good beer, then why not give the cancer sticks the flick so you can actually taste the beer!

Oh yes, this.

Smoking is a small part of diet and lifestyle. You can do a lot to offset the damage your doing.

And I like to remind myself of Japan having one of the highest smoking rates and lowest cancer rates (of developed countries)
I figure this to be due to their moderate protein consumption, possibly some soybean phytochem and without a doubt a diet centralising on minimally cooked, fresh (or fermented) veggies.

There's too many hundred plus year old smoke-hounds still cranking to label tobacco evil, antisocial, deathsticks or the worst possible carcinogen.
I suspect weight for weight that potato crisps are worse than tobacco.

Mmmmmm ... devils advocate.

The Japanese also only smoke half the cigarette- and it's the last half where the harmful contents become more concentrated.

Ahhh... the regrets (I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention) of the damage you have done in the ebullience of youth.

If I was a pessimist, I'll wait for them all to catch up with me. Because I know I have been a bad man.

If I was an optimist, I'd be happy that the bloke next to me will get it first....and I'll be unscathed.

The realist in me says: "Drink, designer drugs, loose women, smoking and fast cars...that was awesome! Time to behave and make the most of the time left."

InCider.

Authors note: Loose women, parties and smoking have been replaced by a motorcycle ownership and rock climbing.

unfortuantly yes, about 7-10 a day, only champion ruby with filters. hate it but love it.

I know what you mean about the hating it but loving it. Every time I realise how much I hate them & decide that I'm going to quit the stress sends me straight out for a ciggie. I budget for 3 pouches of dr pat per fortnight but rarely smoke that much, I just can't face the possibility of running out so buy more than I need. Approx $2.5k per annum before anyone bothers with the maths. What a waste of money.

I've got a suspicion I may have instigated the hop smoking at the recent case swap. I was too drunk at the time to remember if it was a good idea or not. We're not allowed to discuss anything illegal here so I won't say anything about the hop plants cousin.

Latest posts

Back