Slovenian Hops - Niko

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the original poster for this thread! You guys have almost cleared us out of our current supply, and no that is not a complaint :) Also I need to update our site, we just switched over to 2011 crop for Centennial when buying full pounds we still have 2010 Centenial for 2oz and 8oz increments. Thanks folks!

You stick to one hop only for UK beers? A hop that is actually a US variant of a UK hop?

Really?

Styrians are magical in belgian and UK styles especially.

Expand my friend, expand.

ATM, it's not a lack of desire to expand, more the fact that if I buy a pound of hops, I pretty well need to use them.

Given I'm not a big drinker (and despite giving some away, not a big numbers brewer) - this takes a while.

Have used Styrians in a UK style before, EKG in a Belgian and I'm going to make Tony's Monteith's clone with Pacific Gem (for that blackcurrant berry flavour).

As Bribie says though, Willamette does out fuggle fuggles. It's a pretty decent allrounder.

Goomba

+1

I don't brew English all that often, nor do I brew single hop brews (ever) but the descriptors of BC had me interested so I put together a brew inspired by other people's impressions of Ruddles County. Probably the only beer I've ever brewed where I'd be happy to say it was without any noticeable brewing fault at all and yet it was the single least enjoyable AG beer I've ever made. Really disliked this hop. Found a bottle of the original not too long after and thought mine was better - totally happy to blame beer miles and clear glass for that one.

+2

Got some BC as a prize in a brewing comp along with some progress hops. Did some SMASH bitters to test. Not a fan of BC, Progress was nice, but there is a reason fuggles and Goldings (EK and Syrian) are more common

Wow what a response! We ran out of full pounds of Styrian Golding but still have it in 2oz and 8oz increments (when you order 8oz we just send it as 4 2oz packs). We still have some Super Styrian in full pounds and hope to have more full pounds of Styrian Golding within a couple of weeks. We are literally waiting on it from the farm in Slovenia. Thanks folks a lot of these hops went to Australia!

Latest posts

Back