Silicon Chip Coolmaster Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chooks,

With the pins facing down you will see a notch at one end of the chip. With this notch at the top the pins are numbered anti-clockwise starting with pin #1 at the top left working down the left side across the bottom and up the right hand side ie anti-clockwise. Click HERE for a diagram of a chip as an example (Not the one from the tempmaster).

For anyone wanting to make this unit Silicon Chip has just released version #2 which addresses the 'messy' cut out of the compressor "due to inductive spikes fed back from the motor in the compressor of the fridge/freezer, causing noisy and/or hesitant switch-on or switch-off." It can also now be used with 12V fridge/freezers as well as the ability to be run from an inverter more efficiently.

Hey All

Just built one
Works fine with pins configured to cooling on 12VDC circuit but on the 240AC circuit I get no response.
With pins configured to Heating on 12VDC circuit measures 2.87V across pins 2 & 4 on IC1 constant throughout both trimpot ranges and also get no response on the 240AC circuit.
Before I start to fiddle to much has anybody else encountered this problem or similar?
I am hoping to use this in the heating application.

Cheers
Shonks
:super:

Latest posts

Back