• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Sight Glass $28

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Had to buy more Polycarb tubing than I needed to make sight glasses for my HLT and Boiler. Can make up about another 10 of these if others would like. Polycarb tube with brass elbow and locknut, fibre and metal washer. To cover costs, running about etc. $28 for the 3/8" x 500mm single elbow and $32 for the 1/2" x 500mm single elbow. Can do in twin elbow also. PM me if anyone is interested. Can post pics.

Edit: Include parts description.
Edit: Include Pics.

SightGuageHalfIn190106_001.JPGSightGuageThreeEighth190106_001.JPG

I'd be interested in pics Screwtop. Are the elbows brass or SS?

NRB said:
I'd be interested in pics Screwtop. Are the elbows brass or SS?
[post="103536"][/post]​

Sorry, Brass SS mega costly.

Still interested Screwtop; if I like the pics, I'll be your first customer :D

NRB said:
[post="103539"][/post]​

Wouldn't you know i8t all three sets of camera batteries are flat, charging now.

Yeh im interested beats G&G price by far, keen to see the pics first. So its a weldless design i guess? Just drill hole and fit sightglass and tighten nut? Or is there more to it?

Yep, I will have one and you won't have to post it :p sent an email to Ya.

Screwtop, I'd be interested in a twin elbow version.

Hopsta said:
Yeh im interested beats G&G price by far, keen to see the pics first. So its a weldless design i guess? Just drill hole and fit sightglass and tighten nut? Or is there more to it?
[post="103541"][/post]​

Hopsta,

Just a 13mm hole for the elbow. If you use a two elbow version you can drill an additional hole in the vessel chamber or into the wall of the top ring if using a keg style boiler. Cut the tubing down to a suitable length with a hacksaw. For the single elbow version, you need a top mount. For this you can buy a stainless ring bolt and nut, drill a hole and mount it in the wall of the top ring and slip the tube through the eye for a top mount. The tube fits in the compression fitting on the elbow after mounting. I use the larger half inch for the kettle, where bits of stuff, hops etc find their way into the tube. Pics up now!

NRB said:
[post="103539"][/post]​

Too late, Bindi Bob first cab of the rank for a half inch twin elbow jobbie for his Boiler $44. One down 9 more to go.

More Pics

SightGuageHalfIn190106_002.JPGSightGuageThreeEighth190106_002.JPG

No orders for boilers until I reboil my kettle, found this Boiling too hot for Polycarb this did not happen on the test boil. Comments welcome re the use of polycarb for kettles.

Moderator Edit: Removed keg pic.

Back