Should I turf it?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Coopers Canadian Blonde is not a strong flavoured beer (excellent refresher on a stinking hot day) and you would have been better off with Enhancer 2. That being said I would now not chuck it but bottle after 14 days in the fermenter and leave for late spring/summer. I'd say it will be ok.
cheers

Add a box of LDM and give it another week.
You aren't going to get any beery flavour from a Blonde kit and BE1.
A bit of malt will punch it up a bit and at least give you some flavour.

Yeah, il have to see what the FG sample brings... i aint optimistic though!

I did just take delivery of 20kg of LDME... maybe its worth throwing 500g at it? Just sprinkle it in?

I wouldn't sprinkle it in, likely to "clump" and not dissipate through the brew. I'd gently take about a litre out with a sanitised jug, warm it up and dissolve the malt. Then gently pour back it the fermenter as to not add oxygen.
Cheers

Well i bottled this yesterday, the FG sample had just enough flavour in it to save itself from the lawn, and the gravity had been stable with no further airlock action for several days... also changing my expectations of the beer made it slightly more acceptable. Its not gonna be great but when carbed and cold it might just be ok... needless to say blushing blonde doesn't come high on my list of reccomendations!

Glad its not wasted, wait for a hot day, think you will enjoy it. Did you add the extra malt?
Cheers

No i was too impatient! I want to get my english IPA going, plus i didn't want to spend more on a beer that was never going to be spectacular.

I think when its nicely carbonated and cold it will be very nice. Give it a month and it will be great.

panzerd18 said:
I think when its nicely carbonated and cold it will be very nice. Give it a month and it will be great.
Thanks mate, will let you know of the verdict when the time comes :)

Back