• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Shed cleanup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashul

Reaction score
Here’s some of my gear I probably will not use for next few years, since a second kid join the life party.
Hopefully it will find a new home.
So first in , first served, also no postage, and please genuine enquiries.( recently had a few issues with gumtree users).
Pick up in Ferny Hills,but I am driving in Brisbane northside pretty much every day to work up to Mango Hill/ Narangba, so we can arrange something for decent size items.
Thank you

Beer temprite 220v. 350$
It holds 50l of water, that deliver a big ice block within 3 hours, and stay cold for 3 days with the added insulation.
It comes with an agitator but be aware of the blade.
And a font stone kind of bench
I personnally used a small water pump to run through a flooded font and keep the water moving around the coil.
IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

XXXX temprite 100$
A good old vintage XXXX temprite with a plate chiller.New line
Perfect for camping /bbq/ party/
IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG

Andale beer temprite 150$

Esky 100l with 2 taps.
You will need 2 SS coil or few meters of beer line.
These one is really good for camping as you can also fill it with your mates 6 pack and wife’s cider or wine, and why not soft drink.
IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

1 drip tray
Free to the first one getting a temprite
IMG_0319.JPG

Andale beer font 2 taps. 150$
IMG_0320.JPG

Pin lock post 50$
7 gas
6 liquid
1quick disconnect gas
1 quick disconnect liquid
Plus all poppet and spring
IMG_0008.JPG

2 soda stream canisters 40$
1 full 1 empty plus adaptor

2 gas regulator 10$
Blue one needs a seal
Andale one have a funny nut , but can probably be change by a gas bottle testing place.
IMG_0324.JPG

3 crates COLD brand clear bottles 375ml
Free for anyone but a few cans or bottles ( full) will be appreciated

Get ready for xmas with a nice temprite for your bbq/ camping,etc...

Yes , just fill up with ice, or even bottle ice block work,and you get your first cold within 10 mn after you add your ice. Not looking fancy, but really easy.

I have been mulling over using a temprite as a pre chiller to run tap water through before my counter flow chiller but don’t know how effective it would be. I don’t think the small XXXX one would be efficient enough and don’t want to spend $300 on the 220v one to find out it doesn’t work that well.
What temp can you expect your beer to come out at running it through the temprite full of ice? Also I probably wouldn’t use the agitator.

I have been mulling over using a temprite as a pre chiller to run tap water through before my counter flow chiller but don’t know how effective it would be. I don’t think the small XXXX one would be efficient enough and don’t want to spend $300 on the 220v one to find out it doesn’t work that well.
What temp can you expect your beer to come out at running it through the temprite full of ice? Also I probably wouldn’t use the agitator.

The second unit with the plate chiller is designed with legs to shed water & keep it above the water melted from cooling the beer. With he unit full of ice and the top on, you'd open the bung hole every now & then to let the water out. If you want to use one as a pre-chiller for your counter flow chiller just leave the bung out cause the ice is going to melt faster with tap water running through it than an already cold keg. Like every other pre-chiller you'd just have to experiment yourself with water flow speeds on the day. The main thing to remember is you want ice on the plate not water doing the cooling for you.

The second unit with the plate chiller is designed with legs to shed water & keep it above the water melted from cooling the beer. With he unit full of ice and the top on, you'd open the bung hole every now & then to let the water out. If you want to use one as a pre-chiller for your counter flow chiller just leave the bung out cause the ice is going to melt faster with tap water running through it than an already cold keg. Like every other pre-chiller you'd just have to experiment yourself with water flow speeds on the day. The main thing to remember is you want ice on the plate not water doing the cooling for you.
And you recon ice on top of a plate chiller will drop the temp of the water going through?

And you recon ice on top of a plate chiller will drop the temp of the water going through?
Yes, that's how they're designed to work, they're made from aluminium with SS lines running through them. Castlemaine Perkins used to teach a cellarman how they worked and set up properly for Hotels who hired them out for functions etc. They work great at what they were designed to do. Remember though we'd deliver & hook up a cold keg at a function so you'd have to see how good they work yourself with tap temp water. I've got one in my shed I might dig up and try using myself, I'm building a new keezer & fine tuning a Braumiser atm so I won't be doing it for a few weeks though.

Latest posts

Back