Setting Up My New Kegerator - Instructions Anywhere?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garthus

Reaction score
Hi All,

Now I come very humble here, I have managed to get the craft brewer kegging setup which I think includes everything. I have setup all I can but am very stuck and wondered if there is any online instructions (or video) on how to setup the system?

I have got the font connected, but thats about it, I am looking at a whole bunch of connectors but cant for the life of me work out what to do next. I have on the lines coming from the font round bolt looking things, I am now stuck on how they connect to the kegs - am I missing something very fundamental here?

Very embarassed :)

Garthus

if you bought it from Craftbrewer, ring Ross...

thats what I did...

Failing that, post your location... someone might be able to come over and help out...

Had a similar problem recently. I rang CB and was told to cut the fittings off the beer-lines that come with the font and replace them with the beer out ball lock fittings I'd bought. The ones on the lines that come with the font are for commercial barrels.

Had a similar problem recently. I rang CB and was told to cut the fittings off the beer-lines that come with the font and replace them with the beer out ball lock fittings I'd bought. The ones on the lines that come with the font are for commercial barrels.

Perfect - I confirmed it with CB, thats exactly right no wonder I couldnt understand it!

Hi All,

Thanks for the help so far - and the link. I am now almost there, I am having trouble connecting up the regulator though. I have the following pieces - which one should go into the regulator?

IMG_0363.JPG

This is the regulator I have, I have tried putting the single long one onto it then attaching the jon guest fitting but no matter what happens I dont get any co2 out.

IMG_0364.JPG

The reading I can tell on the left shows there is co2 present but no matter how many times I turn the piece on the frint, no CO2 comes out - any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for all the help so far!

Hi All,

Thanks for the help so far - and the link. I am now almost there, I am having trouble connecting up the regulator though. I have the following pieces - which one should go into the regulator?

View attachment 50354

This is the regulator I have, I have tried putting the single long one onto it then attaching the jon guest fitting but no matter what happens I dont get any co2 out.

View attachment 50355

The reading I can tell on the left shows there is co2 present but no matter how many times I turn the piece on the frint, no CO2 comes out - any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for all the help so far!

I have just realised - am i missing something here? How should I be connecting my keg to the regulator? This thread:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...1230&st=200

The piece connecting to the regulator looks very different - do I need to go purchase something else?

I have just realised - am i missing something here? How should I be connecting my keg to the regulator? This thread:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...1230&st=200

The piece connecting to the regulator looks very different - do I need to go purchase something else?

Ok everyone, Im replying to my own posts again - I have worked out I think where my problem is. I have a non return valve which is the long one, the others are so I can fit together 3 kegs.

My problem I seem, is there is no way for me to connect the regulator to the non return valve, the beer/gas line I have will fit into the non return valve but not the regulator. How do I connect them?

man I look dumb here!

The diameter of the line is a bit small? If so, get a coffee mug and fill it with some boiling water and put a piece in there to soften it up, you'll be able to slide it on then (maybe a bit of keg lube inside the line if it's a really right fit). You put a hose clamp on the line that's fixed to the barb.

The diameter of the line is a bit small? If so, get a coffee mug and fill it with some boiling water and put a piece in there to soften it up, you'll be able to slide it on then (maybe a bit of keg lube inside the line if it's a really right fit). You put a hose clamp on the line that's fixed to the barb.

You sir are a gentleman!

Ok I managed that and have the non return valve now connected between the keg and the regulator.

Still no matter what I do, the top regulator guage doesnt move anywhere - I have done up and undone the piece on the front (if that makes sense) but nothing. The left pressure guage is reading the same as before.

You sir are a gentleman!

Ok I managed that and have the non return valve now connected between the keg and the regulator.

Still no matter what I do, the top regulator guage doesnt move anywhere - I have done up and undone the piece on the front (if that makes sense) but nothing. The left pressure guage is reading the same as before.

Not to worry guys - I have figured it out embarrisingly it was the regulator I couldnt work!

now to keg beer!

Not to worry guys - I have figured it out embarrisingly it was the regulator I couldnt work!

now to keg beer!
OMG :ph34r:
No offense bloke but you have me worried....are you sure you should be playing with gas ? Or beer ? or Both ?
Be careful....
:huh:

OMG :ph34r:
No offense bloke but you have me worried....are you sure you should be playing with gas ? Or beer ? or Both ?
Be careful....
:huh:

I knew I would get a response like this, I know reading it I do look very much incapable. I guess what I would say is it understand the principles but the bottom line is the issues I have had are:

1) The font came with attachments which i had to saw off - when you are doing this for the first time its pretty daunting without instruction thinking that the item you just bought you need to cut apart
2) After that threw me, I had to try and work out the regulator which has an awful english manual, it was simply me having 2 items to twist. Its one of those things that is dead easy when you know how but if you dont like just twisting random items you get my situation. I am very careful and realise that I am playing with compressed gas although from the above it looks like I am Mr Bean

Back