September Babbs Meeting, Thursday 22nd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djneli

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a reminder that this months Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) meeting will be held this Thursday (it's one of those 5 Thursday months so don't come next Thursday or you'll miss out) September 22nd, 2011 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld.

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few of your beers to share and compare.

This months mini comp is Begian and Farmhouse Ales.

8.1 Belgian Pale Ale, 8.2 Belgian Blond Ale, 8.3 Belgian Golden Strong Ale, 8.4. Belgian Tripel, 8.5. Belgian Dubbel, 8.6 Belgian Dark Strong Ale, 8.7 Witbier, 8.8 Saison, 8.9 Bire de Garde, 8.10 Flanders Red Ale, 8.11 Flanders Brown Ale/Oud Bruin, 8.12 Berliner Weisse, 8.13 Straight (Unblended) Lambic, 8.14 Gueuze, 8.15 Fruit Lambic

As always, we look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder that this months Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) meeting will be held this Thursday (it's one of those 5 Thursday months so don't come next Thursday or you'll miss out) September 22nd, 2011 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld.

Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few of your beers to share and compare.

This months mini comp is Begian and Farmhouse Ales.

8.1 Belgian Pale Ale, 8.2 Belgian Blond Ale, 8.3 Belgian Golden Strong Ale, 8.4. Belgian Tripel, 8.5. Belgian Dubbel, 8.6 Belgian Dark Strong Ale, 8.7 Witbier, 8.8 Saison, 8.9 Bire de Garde, 8.10 Flanders Red Ale, 8.11 Flanders Brown Ale/Oud Bruin, 8.12 Berliner Weisse, 8.13 Straight (Unblended) Lambic, 8.14 Gueuze, 8.15 Fruit Lambic

As always, we look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,
Neil

Well, root-my-boot I might even have something almost in condition and to style for a mini-comp :icon_cheers:

I may just be on that side of town tommorrow and able to make it. Might even have a bottle of something I could pass off as a belgian. I am pretty sure that keg of ummmmmmmm arhhhhhh " lambic", that I had at the last brewday, is still in the brewery too.

Cheers

I may just be on that side of town tommorrow and able to make it. Might even have a bottle of something I could pass off as a belgian. I am pretty sure that keg of ummmmmmmm arhhhhhh " lambic", that I had at the last brewday, is still in the brewery too.

Cheers

Oh, er,....ah, erm, oh goodie....... Ben will like that one I'm sure. :unsure:

Edit: come to think of it, I might have a bottle of something like that to share as well ;)

I'll be bringing a magnum of my Belgian Dark Strong which took out Champion beer at the QABC, for all to sample. Think I'll wait till after the mini comp though, it has the effect of making some judges struggle for appropriate words :lol:

Looking forward to sampling a range of Belgian delights on the night :icon_drool2:

Cheers,

TS

Sounds like a plan ;)

Bugger
I would have liked to come to this one, time I joined anyway.

I'll be bringing a magnum of my Belgian Dark Strong which took out Champion beer at the QABC, for all to sample.
Ahh fook it! I'll have to submit my apologies, won't be in Brisbane this week. :angry:

Still time to drive down....;)

Yeah, that's true Nick, but seeing as I've not got my digs sorted, the drive back is what would worry me! :beer:

Brewers....

A little treat in store tonight for you sour beer fans.... I've just done up a bottle of our club barrel aged, soured, Belgian Strong Ale.... It's tasting sublime :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ross

Brewers....

A little treat in store tonight for you sour beer fans.... I've just done up a bottle of our club barrel aged, soured, Belgian Strong Ale.... It's tasting sublime :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ross

oooooohhh nice :icon_cheers:

Would love to try that, although I wasn't a member yet when that started.

Aaahhh, thanks Chappo. I'll get you a bottle of something non sour then come swap time, seeing you weren't a fan of my Berliner Weisse.

Would love to try that, although I wasn't a member yet when that started.

What about those who were members and who spent the time to brew and have got over waiting a couple of years to get their bottle or 2 but cant justify $85 a year in member fees to make a meeting or 2 a year due to work commitments.

Brad

Aaahhh, thanks Chappo. I'll get you a bottle of something non sour then come swap time, seeing you weren't a fan of my Berliner Weisse.

Meh, sod him, if he didn't like that he won't like anything :icon_cheers:

What about those who were members and who spent the time to brew and have got over waiting a couple of years to get their bottle or 2 but cant justify $85 a year in member fees to make a meeting or 2 a year due to work commitments.

Brad
Can't make any promises on behalf of the committee Brad but there is a lot of the stuff...

Back