Selling Your Favourite Brew To Mates Etc. How To Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol this is a funny thread :)

No-one thinks he is just stirring shit? hehe

hahah bait the hook and they will bite. happens all too often on the interweb, serious bizness innit.

wow some angry people here. I'll throw in my 2 cents.

As if noones ever done anything illegal before, how about we bust each others balls for going 10 over the speed limit or have a converted keg kettle or whatever. Anyway, thats not all that important...here's my real contribution:
One, my mates wouldn't by HB off me beacause I just give it too em for free, and anyway they offer me $$ for ingredients etc because they feel bad when they finish off my favourite keg.
Two, even if they were willing to buy it and I was tight enough to sell it to them - it would be to my mates, and my mates wouldnt dob me into the law. I don't even understand why you would ask 'how to dodge the law', are you thinking of alcohol smuggler or something? there's no law to deal with if your only dealing with a close circle of friends. Actually... *sniff sniff* I smell a troll!

this has got to be a joke. Who the hell would pay for an extract beer anyway? :p

I have to admit this was my first thought as well :D

Surely this has to be a thread with a well baited hook though?

BB

....Anyway let me take this opportunity to announce the opening of my new "speak easy" this weekend. B)

Hours are b/w 11pm to 6am Friday and Saturday and the address is............ :p

As far as I'm concerned this thread is placing our favourite past-time in jeopardy, and making us all look like a bunch of dodgy little bootleggers - and it should have been removed by the mods the minute it was posted.

I thought it would be good to see reactions, such as yours and all the others, to show that we as homebrewers don't condone this activity. Those who talk about wanting to sell their brew in public places deserve whatever law enforcement that posts attracts. It's been good to see that no-one has supported OP's desire to make a profit from our craft.

And I disagree that being allowed to homebrew is a gift. Being able to make a beverage at home is a right, not some pearl from the Labor party. The banning of homebrewing was a restriction on our freedom. You don't have to thank your jailer for unshackling your feet.

*sniff sniff* I smell a troll!

I don't think so. I smell something different.

Stuff it, I'm not even going to pretend to be nice

I know a few 'business minded' tightarses who seem to think that profiteering from their 'mates' is fair game.
It's not fair game, it's pissing in your own pond. Does it make you feel good to take your 'mates' money? Is that what mates are for?

Aside from that what you propose is illegal, the fallout from which could kill the honest brewing community - and for that your proposal sinks even lower. You want your mates money, and you want our help?

Pull yer head in grinder.
Brew beer because it's a fun hobby, give it to your mates and they will appreciate it immensely and repay you in all sorts of favours, not to mention friendship - which is worth far more than a few bucks.

I was going to contribute to this thread cause everybody else has.

Well there you go.

Contributed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe grinder is the one with the badge? ...just a thought?

I reckon those who contribute to AHB are above any of this sort of impropriety.

And I disagree that being allowed to homebrew is a gift. Being able to make a beverage at home is a right, not some pearl from the Labor party. The banning of homebrewing was a restriction on our freedom. You don't have to thank your jailer for unshackling your feet.

I understand what you're saying Pomo, but there are restrictions of freedom everywhere - it's still something that by the grace of someone who had some forethought and common sense, we are now allowed to do. In many places it's illegal to even make beer, so I consider it a 'priviledge' although the word itself isn't quite right for the context. And once it's gone, then it's gone. Simple. Just the same as I consider it a 'priviledge' to see my kids that live with their mother. Yes I have the right to see them. But that doesn't change the fact that if she wants to make it difficult she could (and does). I also consider it my right to (within certain boundaries) water my vegie garden. SA Water see's it differently unless it happens to be Sunday between certain hours. Apparently they consider it a priviledge that I be supplied water in the first place, and they even threaten some customers with having the water turned off to their property if they don;t tow the line.

So priviledge or right - it's really a matter of perception when it comes to anything. :) Both can be taken away by the powers that be far too easily.

Well I hope that has cleared the mind of anyone here that may have been thinking about the idea of giving homebrew away for money. I know i won't be doing it now! You guys have explained yourself very well, and i hope you have inspired all of us to hold the craft of HB to a top standard! Good on you AHB fellow Home Brewers!

Grinder,

If the homebrew's that good and you want to make money out of it then go through the process legally like the rest of us that have taken the step from HB to commercial. Otherwise pull your head in and just enjoy the hobby.

Cheers, Andrew.

I once got offered an invite to a homebrew sort of party/taste test thing. But you had to pay $20 for the invitation then take the invitation to the party. On the back of the invite there was 20 square token things that got hole punched when you got a beer...... I didn't go.

I think the question has been adequately covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back