Seeking plumbing help with tap - (side lever mixer with spring pull-down spray gun)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodos

Reaction score
Hey gang, I've just scored this 2nd hand faucet (from what I can find it's best described as a" Side Lever Sink Mixer With Spring Coil Pull Down") and I'm wondering if anyone here can explain what the hose fittings are for?

Looks like I've got two 1/2" BSB hose connections (stainless steel braids) which look like they would connect to hot and cold water, but there's an additional copper fitting, and a long black braided hose with a plastic connection on the end (circled in red in attached pics).

Any ideas what they are for, or what I'd connect them to?

My brewery is still being built, so I don't have anywhere to put it yet, but curious about what other fittings I might need.

Thanks in advance!

faucet.jpg

Faucet hoses.jpg

Never seen that type before, but it is a commercial four way faucet. The more common ones are mains hot/cold & filtered chilled/ambient. But what is pictured could also be a mains hot/cold & filtered boiling/chilled. Very handy for a brewhouse set up. I would install it anyway using the normal hot/cold braided connections with adaptors to the red circled ones. If in the future you add a filter, water chiller, or zip boiler you will be ready to go. Very envious great bit of gear.

The big white plastic thing clips on where you have a circle.
If you unlatch the handpiece, I think you will find you can pull the hose out and use it like a hand shower, actually Very handy for cleaning around the brewer.
I think that model is designed for cleaning vegies and washing up in commercial kitchens, or its a home weight knockoff of the commercial kitchen jobbie.
Mark

Thanks, @Malted Mick and @MHB - On closer inspection, the two red-circled sections do connect together quite nicely, so perhaps it's designed to form a loop?

It seems the hose at the top (connected to the hand piece) is screwed in to a fixed thread, so doesn't extend. Otherwise maybe they are as @Malted Mick suggests it's set up for a filtered water/Zip tap type setup (and those are the proprietary fittings).

I'll have to see if I can hook it up to something like the 1/2" fittings on the bucket blaster) to see what goes where. Probably not worth disconnecting everything in the kitchen for testing just yet - I think that turn south quickly 😄. Unfortunately the washing machine taps are a different size, so that's not much help.

Latest posts

Back