Samuel Adams Boston Lager - Recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Thirsty Boy.

The Clone Brew recipe was my 1st attempt at a partial. Whilst I did not make it exactly the same, it certainly featured a lot of the characteristics of the original beer. Will definately make it again as it is a great drop and one that I made sure that I have saved a couple of bottles for "special occasions"

I put down a K & K brew that I hope will have some similarities with good old SABL !

1.7kg Coopers Euro Lager
1kg LDME
300g Dex
10g Tett @ 30
10g Hall @ 20
10g Tett @ 10
10g Hall @ 0

15g Brewcellar Euro lager yeast pitched at 16*c

I also have a Thomas Coopers heritage Lager can to use for the next one. (trying to work out which lager can is best suited)
Now I realise it will not have the colour of SABL but just wanted to test out the hops & see what it turned out like.
Next time I'm out at craftbrewer I will buy some grain to get some colour and hopefully more flavour & head retention etc.
Also I know it is fermenting too hot but what can ya do QLD with no temp control (yet)

Will let ya know how it turns out

I put down a K & K brew that I hope will have some similarities with good old SABL !

1.7kg Coopers Euro Lager
1kg LDME
300g Dex
10g Tett @ 30
10g Hall @ 20
10g Tett @ 10
10g Hall @ 0

15g Brewcellar Euro lager yeast pitched at 16*c

I also have a Thomas Coopers heritage Lager can to use for the next one. (trying to work out which lager can is best suited)
Now I realise it will not have the colour of SABL but just wanted to test out the hops & see what it turned out like.
Next time I'm out at craftbrewer I will buy some grain to get some colour and hopefully more flavour & head retention etc.
Also I know it is fermenting too hot but what can ya do QLD with no temp control (yet)

Will let ya know how it turns out

How is it looking so far?

I put a BIAB in about 2-3 weeks ago and its going strong, literally, its at around 7.5%
And yes, it is loosely based on Sam Adams Boston Lager, sort of...

Back