S*%$ F*%& C*%@ !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, dunno where you buy your fermenters and taps from but I get mine for $28 and $2.50

Mick

yeah, my arm was probably a bad idea. ive done the ice thing before and it worked out very tasty. i freeze it in sealed tupperwear containers, though i think i did forget to sanitize it this time... and smacking it with a hammer to break it up so it would fit through the top probaly didnt help. i sprayed the hammer with star san....

SHUT UP, i was going clubbing...

Lobby

I was feeling sorry for you til I read you'd stuck your arm in.... :D ...jesus christ, that's a hoot!

This is one of the best threads I've read in ages... This has got to go into the 'Funniest Posts' thread :lol:

But, did you have a good night clubbing??
If you didn't, it was a waste of a good brew! :)

YOU TAKE THAT BACK. going clubbing is never a problem!!!

Yeah the problem is waking up the next morning and trying to remember what you got up to the night before... or what you're meant to be doing that day

But it wouldn`t take long to get the clubbing over and done with at Carindale, would it? :(

stagga.
no, i said going "out clubbing", not going out to "get clubbed"

and yes, it was a good night out. started out at the brewhouse, not sure where i went after that, i think union jacks was involved somewhere along the line...

Lobby

Wow, dunno where you buy your fermenters and taps from but I get mine for $28 and $2.50

Mick

OK OK, so I made the prices up. Poetic license. Your prices make the point even more effective, don't stuff around with evil chemicals in hope it will all come good, buy some new kit. If you still get infections than you haven't spent much and you know it is not the fermenter.

yeah, my arm was probably a bad idea. ive done the ice thing before and it worked out very tasty. i freeze it in sealed Tupperware containers, though i think i did forget to sanitize it this time... and smacking it with a hammer to break it up so it would fit through the top probably didn't help. i sprayed the hammer with star san....

SHUT UP, i was going clubbing...

Lobby
I have heard of clubbing seals but not ice blocks...... :lol:

the lid isnt a problem, i used the O ring that came with it to hold down a bunch of glad wrap. definitely not doing that again.

ive been using the glad wrap held down with o-ring for all my batches...never had a problem.
i'd bet it was the ice...or hammer...or arm.

Or, 'Vanilla Ice Ice Baby'...

Hammer time! :D

Child of the 80's, (couldn't help myself).

Oh man thats some funny s%&^!

Thanks Lobsta you made my day.

just went out to check my fermenter that had my swap beer in it, and noticed a thin translucent film on the top... pulled a sample out, sniffed it and swore for around 3 minutes. F&^$ing INFECTION!!!!! now i have to fast track a brew for the swap...

whats a good way to punish the fermenter that did this to me. i filled it with water and put in a couple of glugs of bleach and a couple of glugs of vineger. any other suggestions? it has been a naughty boy...

Lobby

Very simple solution.

If followed you will never have another infected brew from that fermentor (assuming it is plastic!)

Step 1 - Fill 2ltrs Petrol into fermentor

Step 2 - Strike Match and drop in

Step 3 - Run Like S#@&

Step 4 - Enjoy Ice Cold Refreshment.

Cheers
Andrew

Suggest using above method outside!!!! :D

I have heard of clubbing seals but not ice blocks...... :lol:

Yep... STOP IT!

a472_bm.gif

Back