Rubber band in keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsonAd

Reaction score
So i managed to drop a small rubberband into a keg of pale ale. It's only small (about diameter of my little finger). I toyed with the idea of racking off and removing but lazyness got the better of me. I guess time will tell what effect it will have but wondering if anyone has done this and had a good/bad experience?

IsonAd said:
So i managed to drop a small rubberband into a keg of pale ale. It's only small (about diameter of my little finger). I toyed with the idea of racking off and removing but lazyness got the better of me. I guess time will tell what effect it will have but wondering if anyone has done this and had a good/bad experience?
If it were me, I would chill it quickly and not worry too much. Let us know how you go!

IsonAd said:
I've managed to drop the ring from the keg lid into a brew. Enjoy the beer and fish it out after the keg blows.

Right now I'm fermenting an IPA with my diffuser stone in the bottom of the FV, the other day it was a lid seal off a cube. My beers only taste shit because I can't follow a recipe, not because of foreign objects.

Birkdale Bob said:
I've managed to drop the ring from the keg lid into a brew. Enjoy the beer and fish it out after the keg blows.
I've done exactly the same, with no ill effects bar a little initial stress (on my part).

Latest posts

Back