Rooks First Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks fellas,

Pete,

I have one of Ross's 12 buck digital thermometers and i checked this with the mashmaster temp controller probe and they were spot on.

I will try agitating the water next time.

Screwtop,

Ok, start brewing at 5:30am....who cares if I'm as Toey as a Roman Sandal, get out there and start brewing. Water went in first, and thats when i should have checked the temp again.

Rook

Rook, sorry to come in so late in the piece...ie. well after the event!

Great read mate, superbly entertaining! Sorry your first AG was such an ordeal. I had to pour my first AG down the drain due to a slow moving yeast and subsequent infection....it doesn't get much more depressing than that!!! Luckily my half dozen since have been supreme pleasures (I guess I'm biased). I hope your tasting this weekend reaps the rewards of a fine effort.

I'm with you thanking PistolPatch and Ross for their account of PP's AG brew and all the gear I have thrown together thanks to Craftbrewer.com.au. Some thanks should probably go to whoever controls serendipity, without whom, I probably wouldn't have succeeded in a decent beer yet!

Good to share a beer with you a couple of times now. Looking forward to plenty more in the future. Devo, you're in that offer too. Plenty to learn from you mate! That shiny brewery of yours inspires my easily distracted mind.

Over and out.

Well chaps and chapettes,

I finally got to crack a stubbie of this disaster on Saturday.

Well i have got to say that if all my beer comes out tasting like this then i should **** up more often, i have no way of replicating it , due to not being able to read my notes as the tears i was crying that day have smudged all of the notes :p

The only problem with it is that its to easy to drink and its a little cloudy, but hey who gives a shite, it tastes great....so great that i was walking around with a smile and a 3 inch chubby all night :D

So all you first timers who are going to take the plunge , do so, because i have proved it doesn't matter how much you stuff it up , its still going to taste good.

The brew was T.D's James squire Amber Ale clone....so thanks T.D :party:

Rook

Well done Rook... Good to hear it worked out well. :beerbang:

A 3 inch chubby? Stretching a point isn't it? :D

Warren -

I must say I've done this on countless occasions... :rolleyes: Its particularly annoying when you've gone to so much trouble to get the "perfect" strike temp, only to have to pour all the water (and grain that's already been added, which has occurred a couple of times too) back into another bucket, meaning it needs to be re-heated back to strike temp. Yep, there's definitely some interesting language that finds its way out on those occasions!

I must say, this little mistake is great to watch..! :ph34r:
as i stir through the last few dough balls and listen to T.D. swear and throw things. :lol:

Back