Reptile heat pads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
I have one shelf still in the top of the fridge, so I just threaded it through that.
A few of those suction cup hooks would do the job for you.

Batz
Cheers Batz, will give em a try. Found a shelve and threaded it through that but it is a super tight squeeze for the FV.

What sort of wattage are people finding best for those heat cords? I've currently go a heatbelt and was dangling it in the fridge until I noticed some melting plastic in the door.

Just trying to work out whether to go the mat or cord route at the moment, I normally ferment 2 batches at once.

FWIW I use a 35w heat mat. Zero problems moving and keeping temperature with two 25l ferments going at once.

I went with the 50w cord as the fridge is a multi-use chamber (fermenting, salami, etc) and can be set anywhere up to 26c at times. Hooked up to an stc it works excellent and the cord does not get that hot to touch as it is 7m long. I've never measured the performance of mine, but it seems to never be on when I check. Batz got the same one and found with 2 fermenters heated his 2 fermenters from 12c to 17c in 6 hours.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Plan is to fit two cubes in to ferment at the same time. My heat cord is 4.5m at 25w. Tried it and the fridge went from 13 to 18 in about 20 minutes. Im gonna buy some of those suction hook things from office works and remove the shelve to fit two cubes.

Back