Replacing Keg O-rings With Silicone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beercus said:
OK made an account on the above website, ordered all the possible silicone o-rings and the shipping was $7.25
Paypal as well!

Should be right for o-rings for a while!

If anyone is close to Eltham North, Vic and wants some keg o-rings we can halve the order. Or I could arrange shipping at your cost if you want. so that would be 25 o-rings of each size and 2 lid o-rings. The prices below are in USD
Just placed a very similar order, US$38 plus some change including shipping, looked to me like shipping is now over US$8 or something.

Nice one! Just ordered enough to do all my kegs again as well.
I have some of the yellow O-rings I scored from the US some years ago and have never been happy with them at all.

beercus said:
OK made an account on the above website, ordered all the possible silicone o-rings and the shipping was $7.25
Paypal as well!

Should be right for o-rings for a while!

If anyone is close to Eltham North, Vic and wants some keg o-rings we can halve the order. Or I could arrange shipping at your cost if you want. so that would be 25 o-rings of each size and 2 lid o-rings. The prices below are in USD
Hey Beercus.

To save any real effort on my part, if your still looking to offload half i'll be in.

I'll send you a pm.

Cheers

beercus said:
Nah its 2x #417 with 2 in each pack. I will receive 4.
Beercus
Oops. Should have read that bit first before I ordered . I will have some spare size 417 o rings soon if anyone needs some :lol: .

This thread has been dead for quite some time but this particular topic is one that we are doing some research on at the moment.

silicone is nice and soft so it's good at plugging holes but the issue with silicone is that the gas transmission is orders of magnitude higher than other compounds. Have you guys ever had any oxidation issues with silicone o-rings for kegs that you have stored for a significant amount of time (more than 3 months).

This thread has been dead for quite some time but this particular topic is one that we are doing some research on at the moment.

silicone is nice and soft so it's good at plugging holes but the issue with silicone is that the gas transmission is orders of magnitude higher than other compounds. Have you guys ever had any oxidation issues with silicone o-rings for kegs that you have stored for a significant amount of time (more than 3 months).
I have avoided silicon o-rings on the kegs I use for hoppy beers for exactly this reason - however I would be very interested if there was some scientific data to show the rate of oxidation

Latest posts

Back