Rent A Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacob6699

Reaction score
this may sound a little stupid but has any body looked in to starting a rent a keg buines. i only ask becuase i started brewing about two years ago and i think im getting pretty good at it and im for ever getting requests from my mates and even strangers wanting to rent my kegs of me for parties and thought hey i could make some money here. Im aware id have to get a liquer liecence but im just looking for info to see if any one else has tried it or looked into it any feed back greatly appreiccanted

this may sound a little stupid but has any body looked in to starting a rent a keg buines. i only ask becuase i started brewing about two years ago and i think im getting pretty good at it and im for ever getting requests from my mates and even strangers wanting to rent my kegs of me for parties and thought hey i could make some money here. Im aware id have to get a liquer liecence but im just looking for info to see if any one else has tried it or looked into it any feed back greatly appreiccanted

www.beerinabin.com.au - same sort of thing?

I think he is talking about selling his piss to his boozhound mates

Excise will be your killer and would be several thousand to setup, not to mention calibrating a homescale rig would be laughable!

IMO, just give it to them as a 'gift' then there is no excise.

Then they give you a gift a few days later in the form of money, gift voucher, lapdance etc and an empty keg.

Works like a charm!

Keep it as a hobby that you extend to friends and friends friends. Nothing more and you wont have to give up your day job... you wouldn't want that!

IMO, just give it to them as a 'gift' then there is no excise.

Then they give you a gift a few days later in the form of money, gift voucher, lapdance etc and an empty keg.

Works like a charm!

The ATO aren't stupid, they see through this stuff as a rule. Even giving somebody a bag of oranges in exchange for a bottle of beer is technically payment.

The ATO aren't stupid, they see through this stuff as a rule. Even giving somebody a bag of oranges in exchange for a bottle of beer is technically payment.

Im not saying he start and run a registired business with the ATO. Much like when somone 'assists' in painting a fence and gets paid for their time in slabs, gift vouchers or dinner.

Latest posts

Back