Redcliffe Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pffft! I live dangerously... danger is my middle name! :icon_cheers:

The password is: "I gunna shove a 60lt fermenter into an unmentionable bodily orriface of the next person who askes me what's the password!" <_<

Cheers

Chappo

Jeeze, if i bring my own fermenter can i have a turn too chap? hahahahah
Will only be a 15L though, im still tight. :lol:

Chappo - what's the "slight problem"? I'll have plenty of space for grain in my car. If you don't however, I could pick up from your place on Sunday arvo sometime....

Cheers

Chappo - what's the "slight problem"? I'll have plenty of space for grain in my car. If you don't however, I could pick up from your place on Sunday arvo sometime....

Cheers

Yep that's the problem NickB. Tha Chappo's are down to one car ATM so I just need to work something out with SWMBO as she has "IMPORTANT STUFF" :rolleyes: to do on Saturday so getting the grains to StillAScottishGits is proving difficult.

Chappo

What is the current expected body count on this Campbell?

What is the current expected body count on this Campbell?

A philosophical question there............

Head count on Saturday might be about 25. There's some K'n'K ers coming along to see how to make porridge and a couple of non-beery times coming along later in the day.
Body count on Sunday is a different story. :lol:

There's a couple less since Batz and Julie aren't able to come down now. That means that Tidal Pete's been upgraded to a bed. It's a double so he's looking for someone to bunk up with. First in best dressed. :ph34r:

I had a crisis this morning. Went to change gas bottles and the washer on my reg failed. Made some feeble excuse at work why I would be an hour late and made a detour via Rossco's. Can't have a brewday with no gas!!

Campbell

A philosophical question there............

Head count on Saturday might be about 25. There's some K'n'K ers coming along to see how to make porridge and a couple of non-beery times coming along later in the day.
Body count on Sunday is a different story. :lol:

There's a couple less since Batz and Julie aren't able to come down now. That means that Tidal Pete's been upgraded to a bed. It's a double so he's looking for someone to bunk up with. First in best dressed. :ph34r:

I had a crisis this morning. Went to change gas bottles and the washer on my reg failed. Made some feeble excuse at work why I would be an hour late and made a detour via Rossco's. Can't have a brewday with no gas!!

Campbell

I'll bring a back-up for my keg (just in case).

Edit: might bring a few fold-up chairs if there's that many coming.

Very unhappy about this as the missus is 64 & pregnant again. :lol:
There must be someone attending who has a couple of sisters or their mother to bring along? :icon_drool2: I would pay beer.

TP

I. Is. In. There by about 3 at the latest, keg in tow.

Cheers!

You'll have missed most of the action by then. My carefully planned flowchart shows that I'll be draining the second runnings of the second brew by then.

Bets anyone. :lol: :lol:

It all looks good on paper but I'm sure it will all have turned a bit pooey by 2pm.

Campbell
hoping for an immaculate conception.

Probably be shoveling the steaming pile of mash off the floor back into the tun about 2pm :ph34r:

I've only done that once!!
You didn't complain when you were drinking the results, or is that because I forgot to mention it at the time. -_-

:lol:
I thought I'd tasted brick. :icon_cheers:

Edit: sorting out some samples for tomorrow right now (and sampling the samples)

You\'ll have missed most of the action by then. My carefully planned flowchart shows that I\'ll be draining the second runnings of the second brew by then.

Bets anyone. :lol: :lol:

It all looks good on paper but I\'m sure it will all have turned a bit pooey by 2pm.

Campbell
hoping for an immaculate conception.

Putting my money on JUST starting the second mash by 3:30.... :ph34r:

Will drag along a keg of pils or something. Do we want the 5% or the 6.5% stuff? :p

Won\'t be staying, hanging around \'till 8 or so.

Chappo - If the grain doesn\'t make it up, I\'ll make time to duck over to yours to grab it.

Cheers

Chappo - If the grain doesn\'t make it up, I\'ll make time to duck over to yours to grab it.

Cheers

Sorry fella's but I'm a no show today I have few big family issue to be sorted out. :angry: Have a great day and hopefully I'll catch up to you guys very soon. Make sure you guys take plenty of photo's of the antique roadshow, yeah! :ph34r: And keep TP away from the prawns and the women (he's a smooth old bugger).

NickB give me call as I you can pick up your grains anytime mate even if I'm not home the brewery is never locked just rol up the door at the front.

Cheers

Chappo

Sooooooo

DSC_3249.jpg

Sorry I couldnt make it in the end, I was hoping to escape for a bit this arvo but ended up having a couple of house inspections and had to put the effort into tidying up here and such. <_<

I hope the Antique Roadshow brewing went well.

Cheers

Sully

Well I think I had a good time :unsure: , thanks to Hannah and Campbell & Ross for a good day/nite. GG you left your camera there, its amazing how many but-crack shots you can put on a digital camera :icon_cheers:
Heres one of us taste testing some Bintara.
View attachment 28576
Pete's put on some weight.

Thanks Hannah and Campbell for a great evening (albeit brief!)

Tasted some more amazing beers, and talked a lot of shit. TP - Found another 10c for you mate.... :ph34r:

Cheers

All in all a good day with good mates. I've only once left a fermenter tap open and of course it was yesterday.
Still plenty food left so I should do it all over again next week.

Now.......

For Sale

Digital camera and case

Pair of Spectacles

Nothing else has turned up yet but if it does, I'll stick it on Ebay.

And who didn't flush the dunny? The old one in the middle of the back yard.

Cheers

Campbell

For Sale

Pair of Spectacles

Left in the freezer again?
Everything tastes like passionfruit today.

Latest posts

Back