Red Ned

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavemaker

Reaction score
Gooday all. I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum so mods please feel free to relocate if you wish.
Quite a few years back my wife and I were visiting our son who was based in Townsville. We went to the small brewery in the middle of town. There we had a tasting session and the one beer that stood out was their Red Ned. They were all good but this was a stand out. Well, the years have come and gone and I am back into brewing and making some very nice drops with kits,extracts and some steeped grain and specialty yeasts. I made a Little Creatures Bright Ale following directions supplied at my brew store. Couldn't tell the difference. My question,at long last, is, does anyone remember the Red Ned and if so can you supply a recipe? TIA,

wavemaker said:
Gooday all. I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum so mods please feel free to relocate if you wish.
Quite a few years back my wife and I were visiting our son who was based in Townsville. We went to the small brewery in the middle of town. There we had a tasting session and the one beer that stood out was their Red Ned. They were all good but this was a stand out. Well, the years have come and gone and I am back into brewing and making some very nice drops with kits,extracts and some steeped grain and specialty yeasts. I made a Little Creatures Bright Ale following directions supplied at my brew store. Couldn't tell the difference. My question,at long last, is, does anyone remember the Red Ned and if so can you supply a recipe? TIA,
I've drunk many Ned's Red before, it's delicious!! Can't help with a recipe unfortunately

Geez, I didn't think of looking on their website as I thought the brewery had closed. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back