Recipe Wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No probs mate, glad your enjoying it.

Its my house beer that one. Got three full kegs of it at the moment. The only problem is i keep having to add more hops each time i brew it as i love that hop. Cant get enough....

Not sure which recipe i posted, but the latest incarnation has 50g @ 30min, 65g @ 15min for a no chilled 20lt batch. Thinking about dry hopping it too...
the recipe was this one:
Doesn't get much easier than this, and the result is a cracker....

OG: 1046-1050
90% Base malt
10% Munich 1 or Carapils

15-20 IBU's at 30min
15-20 IBU's at 15min

Whirlfloc at 5min

Ferment at 17/18 with Danstar Nottingam

Mash at 65/66

should end up at just shy of 5% ABV before bottling.

(i seem to prefer the Munich with B Saaz, and the Carapils with NS. Dont know why...)

Piss easy beer to make, and it tastes great....
unquote.
used the munich as a spec malt.
i dry hopped at 1g/l and it's bloody good, wish i could let it mellow for a week (a bit gingery on the palate but not overpowering) but stocks are low in the fridge.

yep, that's pretty much it.

Current supply of Motueka AA% means that 50g and 65g at above schedule will basically be around 20ibu's each addition.

Too easy to make, too easy to drink!

yep, that's pretty much it.

Current supply of Motueka AA% means that 50g and 65g at above schedule will basically be around 20ibu's each addition.

Too easy to make, too easy to drink!
oh, i forgot to mention i used flowers instead of pellets , smell is divine :icon_drool2: but wished i'd ordered more, ross is out.

could i sub the biscuit for caramalt and the heritage for light crystal?
bugger still no styrians, maybe all ekg?

Caramalt isn't a sub for biscuit or victory. Wey vienna is closer to victory than any crystal.

You could sub in a med or dark crystal for heritage (or even a blend of light, dark and med) but it won't be the same.

Heritage is unique - that's why I recommend it.

Latest posts

Back