Ready?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeCharles

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This has been fermenting for a month, is it ready?

BE 2, about 14-16 degrees

IMG_0103.jpg

Give that hydrometer a spin to get the bubbles of it so you can get a more acurate reading.

Gavo.

yeah I have done a lot of reading, I assume if I bottled it at this temp it would create bottle bombs?

Yeah, I'd say that if you are getting an SG of 1020 and all you used was the kit and BE2, there is still a bit of fermentable materials in your wort/beer...

What yeast did you use? the kit yeast?

Just get it a bit warmer and see if it kicks off again...if that doesn't work, perhaps sanitise a paddle and mix the yeast up a little.

It could very well be stuck if it's been going for a month, but I doubt it's finished.

That curve of the liquid suggests it's not 1020.

Have a readup on use of hydrometers and give it a good spin like Gavo suggests. Read the linked article and fast ferment test if you need to (how to referred to in the article). Beer may benefit from waiting time anyway while you work this out.

parallax error anyone

I sucked at reading a hydrometer when I started out, took me ages to realise I had to read it with my eye level horizontal to the upper meniscus

Back