Raven's 'brew' Pergola

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
Took last week off of work to build a new pergola at home, to replace the old rotting timber one.

The structure is about 6m x 4m, comprising half a tonne of solid steel, 150 x 50 RHS rafters, 75 x 50 RHS columns with a central box gutter.

Still to finish the larger footings, flashings, new lattice work and lighting - but most of its done!

Should make a cracking brew area in the middle of winter rains or stinking hot summers. :)
DSCN3852.JPG
Old pergola

DSCN4001.JPG
Freshly cut and painted steelwork

DSCN4006.JPG
Fabrication of the main frames

DSCN4012.JPG
Fabrication of the main frames

More pics to follow.

I'm jealous, until next year at least when larger brew shed is built and outdoor area enclosed.
Cheers

DSCN4024.JPG
Welding the frame inplace

DSCN4032.JPG
Cladding going up

DSCN4033.JPG
And now its now fully cladded.

Cost in materials was about $1000 for the steel, another $1000 ish for the sheeting, gutters, flashings.

Still to order the lattice, I also bought a new MIG welder for this project - which is an awesome piece of kit.

So I reckon for under 3k in construction costs, we are a good 9k ahead of paying someone to build this for us.

(It also helps having the old man as a shop detailer!).

Beers on Friday night were awesome after getting this constructed. I was flat out for 5 solid days welding and erecting this structure.

Looks awesome mate, congrats on finished product.
Cheers

Cheers fella. It was hard yakka! Glad its (almost) done.

Time to brew now!

Looks great, mate! Figured out a way to sweep the leaves that fall from that tree off it yet? :p

I spent the better part of a day and three trips to the big shed to get two decking-planks to stand against a fence, though I did learn that anyone who says you can't fit a stack of 2.7m lengths of decking in a Honda Jazz and close all the doors is a dirty liar. <jealous>

Brewday in the nest?

looks good mate...now for the weather to warm up a touch so we can have a beer under the brewgola in the 'nest'

wont it be 1000degrees in there in summer with a nasa at full noise?

Nah, all electric in my brewery.

Gas only on the BBQ!

A tad late on this thread, but some final pics of the Brew Pergola prior to us moving.

DSCN4488.JPG

DSCN4493.JPG

Now plans for a bigger shed at the new house!

Latest posts

Back