Rather Old French Champers Popped

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some craft breweries do a good job as well, especially the Yank ones:

"A surprising burst of hops is followed by a distinct overtone of banana, passionfruit, mango like an explosion of sunshine on a fresh Mountain Morning - leading to a satisfying long slightly bitter finish....."

i.e. The brewer got pissed and forgot to set the temperature :eek: so it fermented out at 28 degrees for the first three days before anyone noticed, hence the bananas.

I've got about 3 dozen or so beers from pre 1970's all with rust on caps, some interesting brands i've never heard of.

You think i'll die if i drink one ?

You won't die.

I've had several beers from the 70's over the last couple years. Some were wonderful, some not so.

Give them a go, at worst they'll taste terrible :)

Oldest beverage I've tasted so far was Madeira from the early 20's. I remember it being quite drinkable, and certainly interesting from an age point of view. I have notes somewhere I could scrounge up if I wasn't lazy :lol:

My folks seem to have stock piles of cellared wine that they seemingly forgot about.
Most recently we cracked open a bottle of Late Picked Chardonnay from 1990.
Needless to say, it wasn't anything special. I'd best describe the flavour as dull white wine...I could imagine it would have had a nice bit of acid and sweetness balance back in the day, but yeah, technically nothing wrong with it, basically time just took the edge off it.

Latest posts

Back