R.i.p My Two Brewing Assistants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad to hear mate! It was not too long ago when I was watching your webcam of the puppies ect...its always sad to see a pet (lets face it, they are best friends and not just pets) pass away and I know what its like.

Thats the trouble they are members of the family and it bloody hurts bad when they go. Our staffy bitch is part of us and christ it'll hurt when she eventually goes.

Condolences for sure NickB...
Shed a wee tear for ya and will have a wee beer for you also!

Only got told yesterday that my 13 year old fella has a spleen tumour.

Best dog I've ever had, gentle giant, nothing bothered him, never growled or got angry at anything, just loved life and loved having my kids to play with.

I've got a heavy heart and feel like crap.

Feel for you NickB

That's most definitely the shit part about owning dogs - losing a cherished one. (and doubly so, losing 2).

Last month we suddenly and in a cloud of mystery lost our 16 month old vizsla bitch, Ally. (Acute Renal Failure) 'Twas devastating stuff. I was shattered for days and a fortnight passed before I was able to sleep through a night without waking my mind grinding at the injustice of losing such a promising working dog far too early. Makes me cherish even more so every day with my 11 yr old Oscar (also a vizsla).

In the end, there's no option other than to accept such trajedies as part of life. But, gee it can be tough. So, I feel for ya Nick. Pretty tough days.

Stubbie

I'm really sorry to hear that, Nick. Awful news. It is so hard to lose a dog - can't imagine two at once.

Good luck with your bloke, kirem.

Jesus that's terrible news, Nick. really sorry to hear about the loss of your mates. losing them to old age is hard enough, but it must be devastating to lose them both in one accident. I'll raise a beer tonight for them and for you.

Cheers - Snow

Losing your precious pets is tough. Sorry to read about the losses.

Still remember the day we had to put down our Kelpie/Poodle X at almost 17 years of age.
We now have daughter dear's Pug living with us, and at 11 years of age, it can't be that far off before we need to face the heartache again.

Condolences from the wife and I Nick. We are dog lovers also. I hope that Molly has left you and the wife with an enduring legacy.
Chin up pal.
:(

Thanks again guys.

Molly and Desi were the parents of our puppies, so we hope we'll as a bit of them in the ones we keep...

Have only just eaten for the first time in nearly 2 days, can't sleep very well, can't do anything. It's bloody emotional too.

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Only one thing for it bloke..............A chocolate stout! Go and brew a cracker and call it after them.............if it is half as good as that RIS you did they will be well honoured!

Thinking of ya mate,here's cheers to ya to brewing companions :beer:

Nick, that's absolutely shocking news.

I know you loved and cared for them. I remember when I once dropped a glass in your brewery, the very first thing you did, before even commenting on my stupidness, was getting the dogs out of harms way.

I feel for you and your wife and hope you're feeling better soon.

So sorry to hear this Nick, like yourselves we are dog lovers and will be devastated when we loose one day our little boy. For you to loose both your dogs at once must be like living a nightmare. Our condolences to you and you wife.

I remember Molly well, I don't let any old dog sleep in my swag, in fact Molly spent to night in there with me. :p

nicks_014.jpg

Batz

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully they'll live on in their little ones.
Regards
Ged

So sorry to hear this Nick, like yourselves we are dog lovers and will be devastated when we loose one day our little boy. For you to loose both your dogs at once must be like living a nightmare. Our condolences to you and you wife.

I remember Molly well, I don't let any old dog sleep in my swag, in fact Molly spent to night in there with me. :p

View attachment 58959

Batz

I remember that. She just loved it in there...

Thanks for posting mate

Latest posts

Back