Question About Regulator And Gas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakie21

Reaction score
Hi guys

Sorry if this is a dumb question.. but I bought a reg off gumtree and got my gas bottle before my kegs.
Being pretty keen I want to check if the reg works (looks brand new) I took the bottle outside and hooked up the reg. Switched on the gas a little bit and it just comes straight out not registering.

I am guessing you need the kegs or something hooked up to hold the pressure. I just want to make sure if this is correct?

Cheers

For some reason i had it in my mind that u could just put it on a very low pressure and it would slowly blow out of the reg. :p

Cheers!

Yip, you're spot on. I blocked the outlet on the regulator with my finger before confirming the purchase (2nd hand) to check the gauges worked...

Yip, you're spot on. I blocked the outlet on the regulator with my finger before confirming the purchase (2nd hand) to check the gauges worked...

Unfortunately I didn't have anything to test it with so had to trust it. $30 for a new micromatic reg (he said he never used) and still had some plastic on the outlet, thought id take my chances.

I put my finger over it just then and the pressure gauge works, other one doesnt seem to move (tank gauge thingy lol) assuming that needs more pressure or something.

Yeah cheers for the replies. I did sort of realise when I tried it but wanted to make sure because once I get my keg gear I want to get setup straight away ;D

Latest posts

Back