Question about getting 3 gaslines into a kegerator fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cunners

Reaction score
Hi there. I recently bought this kegerator from Pinnacle Wholesalers. Wow it sure has been a learning curve. Bought the wrong kegs, couldn't get the regulator to stop leaking etc etc. Now I have another challenge to overcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=331019206112&view=all&tid=938955696014

If you look at the ebay ad I was supplied with a regulator that accommodates 3 kegs from the co2 bottle. The c02 bottle stands outisde at the back of the fridge so I have to feed the gas lines in to hook up to the kegs. My problem is the back of the kegerator only has a hole big enough to feed one gas line in.

Has anyone had the same issue? If so how did you solve this problem.

Cunners said:
Hi there. I recently bought this kegerator from Pinnacle Wholesalers. Wow it sure has been a learning curve. Bought the wrong kegs, couldn't get the regulator to stop leaking etc etc. Now I have another challenge to overcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=331019206112&view=all&tid=938955696014

If you look at the ebay ad I was supplied with a regulator that accommodates 3 kegs from the co2 bottle. The c02 bottle stands outisde at the back of the fridge so I have to feed the gas lines in to hook up to the kegs. My problem is the back of the kegerator only has a hole big enough to feed one gas line in.

Has anyone had the same issue? If so how did you solve this problem.
I can't open the ebay link but just get yorself a 3 way gas manifold. One line in supplying your three kegs.
I have a 4 way to supply my four kegs.

20131126_141310.jpg

I remember looking at one of those kegerators, the gas line goes in through a plastic disk, does it not? You can just drill a couple of 8mm holes in that disk to put in the extra lines.

PS: how did you go about he purchase from them? I mean to buy the barebones version with no accessories but their website has taken the listing down, their's was the best price + on my way too.

I met a guy that gassed the kegs and then disconnected the gas line.
If having a session re connect to the keg or when ever needed.
The keg will hold enough pressure to serve for a while. A minor inconvenience although it does eliminate the loss of an entire bottle of c02 if a leak forms.

practicalfool said:
I remember looking at one of those kegerators, the gas line goes in through a plastic disk, does it not? You can just drill a couple of 8mm holes in that disk to put in the extra lines.

PS: how did you go about he purchase from them? I mean to buy the barebones version with no accessories but their website has taken the listing down, their's was the best price + on my way too.
Thanks for the tip. I did think about doing that but was a bit reluctant to hack it. I may not have a choice I suppose. I don't know if I can drill more holes in the plastic disc as the hole going into the fridge is about 3cm long and the same diameter (enough for one line) all the way through. I think I would either need to make the whole bigger and discard the disc or drill two more holes.

The price was good and the fridge appears to be fairly good quality. The accessories not so much and as I said I have had my challenges.

Rob.P said:
I met a guy that gassed the kegs and then disconnected the gas line.
If having a session re connect to the keg or when ever needed.
The keg will hold enough pressure to serve for a while. A minor inconvenience although it does eliminate the loss of an entire bottle of c02 if a leak forms.
thanks. if all else fails I might need to do something similar.

Crusty said:
I can't open the ebay link but just get yorself a 3 way gas manifold. One line in supplying your three kegs.
I have a 4 way to supply my four kegs.

attachicon.gif
20131126_141310.jpg
thanks for sharing your set up. i might look into it. more money i suppose...

Why not just run one line in and split it inside with either a 3 way splitter or a manifold like crusty said?

manson81 said:
Why not just run one line in and split it inside with either a 3 way splitter or a manifold like crusty said?
thanks. that might be what i end up doing. just seems a shame to have the gear for a 3 line from the bottle and not be able to use it.

Ahhh fair enough, didn't realise it was a 3 way regulator. Clicked on the link and it opened in Chrome rather than eBay app so it wasn't logged in.

Can you fit the bottle inside the fridge?

manson81 said:
Ahhh fair enough, didn't realise it was a 3 way regulator. Clicked on the link and it opened in Chrome rather than eBay app so it wasn't logged in.

Can you fit the bottle inside the fridge?
unfortunately no as it is a 6kg bottle. i bit the bullet and bought the 3 way manifold.

Yeah, I was thinking you have a multiple outlet reg.

On a normal fridge I've overcome the problem of a bigger hole by simply filling around what I was passing through with sanitary silicone. I used some duct tape to close off the hole on one side before I filled it and the plug formed around the tubes really well and neat because it formed against he duct tape. i.e., if you end up having to discard the disc with the hole in it.

Latest posts

Back