Quality of disconnects.. do I need new ones..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
schrodinger said:
I second this. I got a triple tap kegerator from Pinnacle in December. First, the regulator wouldn't thread to my CO2 cylinder -- shoddy machining on the threads. Sent it back, Pinnacle sent out a replacement, same problem (worse than the first one, in fact). So I bought a quality Micromatic reg from Anthony at Craftbrewer. Then it turns out the quick disconnects that Pinnacle provided leak unless situated perfectly, despite new o-rings -- same problem as the OP in this thread. Bloody rubbish. Off to order six QDs from CB now.

Serves me right being cheap the first go-round, instead of going straight to G&G, CB or another quality retailer.
Pretty sure craft brewer sell the cheap disconnects mate, at least the ones I got from there are shit, they don't leak but are a pain in the ass to get on and off the posts.

Go with CMB or Cornelius branded disconnects.

Donske said:
Pretty sure craft brewer sell the cheap disconnects mate, at least the ones I got from there are shit, they don't leak but are a pain in the ass to get on and off the posts.

Go with CMB or Cornelius branded disconnects.
Donske, we have both. The Chinese ones we sell are directly imported by us & have given us virtually no trouble. Certainly not had a single complaint of leaking disconnects that i can recall.
If you are having trouble getting on & off, have you tried a little lube or new O'rings?

Cheers Ross

If anyone lives in sydney or melbourne, hit up andale for genuine cornelius ones. I got gas and liquid for i think $13 each even though i was quoted $17 over the phone. soooo much better than the crappy chinese ones for a minor increase in price.

speaking of, if anyone wants 3 gas and 3 liquid disconnects (keg king crappy ones) for free in sydney pm me :)

Ross said:
Donske, we have both. The Chinese ones we sell are directly imported by us & have given us virtually no trouble. Certainly not had a single complaint of leaking disconnects that i can recall.
If you are having trouble getting on & off, have you tried a little lube or new O'rings?

Cheers Ross
I've got new o rings and use a bit of lube on them, they are just stiff and take a bit of effort to get on and off the posts, esepecially compared to the CMB disconnects, they don't leak though so I've persisted with them.

Latest posts

Back