Pumpkin Ale On Abc Tv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vangleator

Reaction score
The show was on last night but repeats will be on ABC2. When the show was doing a segment about pumpkins, the Tanunda Show had a giant pumpkin comp. and Maggie Beer was there to film it.
The film crew wandered around and found the homebrew section, where Anthony King's Pumpkin ale had just won first prize in the Specialty class. They tasted some then asked for the other bottle to take to Maggie.
Well. it appeared last night. Appears the chef knows nothing about beer, reckons it was like a stout, (yea, right!) but also quite liked it. At around 7%alc. he would be a very happer camper after that bottle. Beer was golden in colour, and spiced, pumpkin flavours and aromas were certainly there.
The food recipes are on the site, so if other brewers ask for the beer recipe they may put it on the site too.
Cheers. :beer: :D
Cook & the Chef

I love Pumpkins ,I will ask them for the recipie

Pumpy

I believe that comp was judged by fellow AHB members, Not gunna name drop, you know who you are. How was it guys?

I bet a certain barossa brewer was mad as hell that a pumpkin beat his oakchipped,chocolate, vanilla bean, rasberry, milk and whatever brew i bet he entered in specialty. ;)

Born to booze.
Jayse

Back