Pouring My First Beer Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
identify leaks.

turn source off in case of leak.

iZvn9.jpg

Because I don't have any lime in my bear.

Only jokes.

If you have not fixed the leaks (or don't know/have not checked if you have any or not) go ahead and turn it off every night its better than having an empty CO2 bottle... BUT I guess its the same as the check valve, you will forget to turn it off one day and then :huh: :angry:

Edit: some of the spelling (there is probably still a few errors)

I've asked this before, but didn't get a response...

First, I agree, a non-return on the gas is a good idea.

However, why are people getting beer go up their gas line???
-Do you fill the keg soo much that the beer level is above the gas in post?
-Or is there another reason that I am missing?

It's quite possible to click the gas line onto the OUT post by accident. I've done it before.

If your reg is set to lower than your keg ..... ZOOOOOOOM beer in your reg.

These things happen very, very rarely. When they do, they cost $120.

I force carb laying my kegs on the floor, with the IN post lowest. Some carbonation in your keg, and the reg on zip ..... ZOOOOOOM.

There are a few ways to **** your regulator up and they happen to the best of us. Specially when you're drunk.

My reg would be dead 3 times over without that INSANELY EXPENSIVE little plastic valve. Get one, smartypants. :p

yes, and or foaming on top of the beer as pressure is released.
if you force carb ('Ross method' or similar) the entire headspace will be foam for a little while.

I've asked this before, but didn't get a response...

First, I agree, a non-return on the gas is a good idea.

Yep, overfilling or having foam in the headspace still from force-carbing. If the level is close to the bottom of the gas in diptube, I could also imagine the sudden depressurisation could cause a vaccuum effect, sucking in some beer from the surface, but I don't know that for sure.

Cheers,
tallie

The other way to flood your reg is when you lay the keg on its side to force carb.

Very easily done. I now have several NRV's in my setup.

I force carb in two lots though so I gas up, walk away and come back 20 mins later for next lot, so I run the risk of flooding the reg if I'm not paying attention to my processes.

Latest posts

Back