Potters Brewery Hop Monster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Schmick,
A good day for both of us also. Great to try more beer and meet more AHB'ers The better half was getting a little pie eyed by the time we left. Worth the experience. Nice relaxing day. Unfortunately it was us that took the last of the Hop Monster. Don't begrudge us for that. Was a top beer for sure.

Cheers,
Head

Did they ever get the Hop Monster into a lab to find out what IBU's it was?

The last beer tested from the Potters Brewhouse was 100 IBU's, 10% Alcohol. Rock On the NSW Brewers Guild Shazzam!

The lad tested it 3 times as the first 2 they thought the instruments funny. A cautionary note was also attached from them....

Scotty

The last beer tested from the Potters Brewhouse was 100 IBU's, 10% Alcohol. Rock On the NSW Brewers Guild Shazzam!

The lad tested it 3 times as the first 2 they thought the instruments funny. A cautionary note was also attached from them....

That sounds like the go!

I've gotta pass through Potters next time i'm in the hunter

SWMBO's family is from Singleton

Cheers

Finally shared my magnum around with a few friends on Saturday.

Bloody glorious beer, the colour, the flavour, the aroma. Everyone loved it.

I'll keep my eyes out for any more of these in future.

I drank my bottle of Hop Monster a week or 2 ago now and mine was fabulous as well.

Great beer guys...... Its nowhere as hoppy as Shazzam though.

cheers

Tony,

Where/When did you get you hands on Shazzam?

I tried one at the bitter and twisted festival and would really like to be able to try it again

Tony,

Where/When did you get you hands on Shazzam?

I tried one at the bitter and twisted festival and would really like to be able to try it again

The beer is not for sale really - the NSW Brewers Guild brewed it as part of the 2007 AGM/Chrisse Party held in January and the boys have been drip feeding it out to folks.

So maybe check with Keith or Josh if there is a bottle or 2 left.

Scotty

The beer is not for sale really - the NSW Brewers Guild brewed it as part of the 2007 AGM/Chrisse Party held in January and the boys have been drip feeding it out to folks.

So maybe check with Keith or Josh if there is a bottle or 2 left.

Scotty

I was at potters yesterday and they had shazzam on tap in the restaurant.

A nice big strong beer!

They also have a chocolate porter on tap that I haven't noticed before.

Latest posts

Back