Poppet O-ring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sah

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to replace the o-ring on a corny poppet?

thanks,
Scott

What is the easiest way to replace the o-ring on a corny poppet?

thanks,
Scott

In what way SAH?

They are fiddley, but not sure what instructions you are looking for, as would have thought it fairly self explanatory.

cheers Ross

Just wondering if he means the seal on the poppet, not the oring on the post.

Just wondering if he means the seal on the poppet, not the oring on the post.

That's what I'm talking about Paul. The only method that is obvious to me is to stretch the ring over the top piece. I haven't tried too hard yet but I'm not looking forward to it.

Scott

I tried this once and ended up giving up and just bought a new poppet :( cheaper alternative if you can get it changed provided its not the spring losing tension thats the problem maker.

Good luck.

Good lord, I had no idea that the little rubber seal on them was even removable...

If you manage to get it done, let us know how will you, I have always thought that poppets were overpriced and I'd prefer to replace the rubber bit just on general principles.

TB

Good lord, I had no idea that the little rubber seal on them was even removable...

If you manage to get it done, let us know how will you, I have always thought that poppets were overpriced and I'd prefer to replace the rubber bit just on general principles.

TB

Yes, they are replaceable, it's just a bit fiddley as I said - just a case of stretching the new one over the poppet head.

cheers Ross

Interesting....I'm chasing a gas leak from somewhere at the moment. I took all the gas disconects off and squirted a little wateron top of all the gas IN posts and noticed two of them was leaking air. So I just took them apart and put some lube on em and they seem to be fin, but I suspect that was not where my leak was coming from as these popets are depressed while being hooked up to gas so they can't leak.
Next trick will be to put the whole system in the pool!

Steve

It didn't take too much effort. With one of the poppets the little 3 legged base clip was able to be removed, not so with the other. So with that one I used a corn cob fork to compress the spring while I worked on it.

I used scissors to cut away the existing o-ring. It wasn't too difficult to stretch the new one over the top.

Hopefully that'll fix the leak.

regards,
Scott

Latest posts

Back