Pneumatic Bottle Capper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thing of something similar using a much smaller bore cylinder (I have access to a few due to a failed system) with a very long stroke (450mm good for all height bottles, (Yeah I know I don't need this stroke to cover all bottles - but it's what I have access to))

I have not worked out the P/F needed yet, was thinking with such a small bore (20mm) might have to increase acceleration to get enough force to seal caps...
if I do this will need to make sure of aligning bottles VERY well

Ahh Amber dreams - I will get there
- I already have my linux controlled fermentation/CC/Beer fridge
- the full HERMS (or RIMS) mash->boil->fermentor->CC->Fridge controller will get there one day

I have the control system just need hardware from SWMBO :)

Cheers

MACA

thays why i put the adjustable flow restrictor in line with the top of the ram.

It comes down at a lesser pace that it goes up with no restriction.

THe ram travels down easily with almost no preassure behind it but when it contacts something it will build the preassure slowly (over 2 or 3 seconds) to crimp the cap on.

I am worried that it will knock the cap crooked when it contacts it but it should be ok.

Only one way to find out

Build it hey :D

Stu............... what sort of wage am i going to be looking at

i want at least 6 stubbies / hr

I recon i will have to invite you round to help empty my keg and then we can talk individual contracts.

cheers

I feel quite the dope amoungst these engineers, geez, i just load up my beer with fermentables and wait and see what happens a few weeks after bottling, still get Pi^&ed! :party:

(and thats why i am boozy the clown) :beerbang:

6 Stubs/Hr seams like a fair rate...with OT at an extra longneck

Ross might want in on the Micro to...I told him he could have 1 share with drinking rights only

Then when I get big I am going to take over Lion Nathan......

What about putting a set of scales underneath your normal capper to find out how much pressure u need to crimp the cap properly and start from there?

Kramer said:
What about putting a set of scales underneath your normal capper to find out how much pressure u need to crimp the cap properly and start from there?
[post="99069"][/post]​

An outomatic bottle capper/washer and I wouold throw away the kegs (maybe)

good point there darren.

Hey. Reckon you could buy a 2 keg setup for what one of them contraptions would cost.

You don't happen to work at an abattoir, do you Tony?

Half of my brewery was built at the abs where I used to work. :ph34r:

scales measure weight, not preasure.

I have a preasure switch that looka at the preasure on the ram while it capping and stops the ram pushing down when the required amount of preasure has been reached.

Timmy.......... Not in the abs mate but close.

We chop wheat flour up into its little bits instead of cows :p

We have been upgrading a lot of equipment latly and i had a clean out of our spare parts and found all sorts of goodies that were obsolite :D

But if you were paying for it all new i recon it would run into the $#### mark

cheers

More pics when i do more work next year.

:party:

Back