Pluto Gun - Disconnecting Beer Line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottle top

Reaction score
Evening guys.

Thought I'd pull apart my pluto gun for cleaning but I'm struggling to disconnect the beer line from the handle. It appears that the line is attached by a compression fitting (was connected when I got the gun, so not exactly sure how it works), but I'm struggling to unscrew the nut as there is nothing to grip. I'm hesitant to use pliers for grip as I don't want to scratch/warp the metal.

Hopefully those who've used one before will know what I mean from my poor explanation above. Below is a picture from the andale website. You can see the nut at the bottom of the front vertical column.

Pluto_Gun.JPG

Also, it's too late for me to just leave it alone as my fiddling seems to have loosened the connection and it is no longer water tight :eek:

Any advice would be much appreciated.

bottle top

I wrap the lone silver bit above the hex nut thing in a rag and carefully do it up in a small vice (to secure the whole gun). Then I try and turn the compression fitting. It's tricky but will come undone if you're careful.

However yes I agree. They're a total pain in the arse to remove the beer line from. <_<

Warren -

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a crack at it.

Is this something that I should be doing regularly? My searches turned up very little so I'm guessing most don't...

It's not really necessary. Personally with my beer guns I just run a couple of litres of sodium percarbonate solution through them from a keg, disconnect it from the keg (so it's full of the solution) and leave it for a day to soak. Then flush it through with water. Havent had a problem with buildup or anything in like 40 kegs worth.

I wouldnt bother till you want to replace the line myself

Back