Platform Bar Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henno

Beermologist
Reaction score
I'm coming down to Brisbane on possibly the worst day to catch up with people.

A. It's short notice
B. It's on a Sunday
C. It's this Sunday after most of the BABBS boys have had much more fun at Murray's.

I've been out of the loop for a while beer wise. Can somebody educate me on what's on tap or even what's in bottles there that is a must do?

I'll just get merrily pissed by myself and then wobble out and find a hotel somewhere.

Second thoughts may organise hotel room first.

If anybody is a desperate Sunday drinker I'd love the company instead of looking like a Nigel no friends, which of course I really am..... :(

Henno, I think the Brisbane German Club is open this Sunday being the '2ND SUNDAY OF MONTH (FRUEHSCHOPPEN) 11.30AM TO 5PM'

Might pay to give them a call to check though.

Basement

I'm coming down to Brisbane on possibly the worst day to catch up with people.

A. It's short notice
B. It's on a Sunday
C. It's this Sunday after most of the BABBS boys have had much more fun at Murray's.

I've been out of the loop for a while beer wise. Can somebody educate me on what's on tap or even what's in bottles there that is a must do?

I'll just get merrily pissed by myself and then wobble out and find a hotel somewhere.

Second thoughts may organise hotel room first.

If anybody is a desperate Sunday drinker I'd love the company instead of looking like a Nigel no friends, which of course I really am..... :(

Henno, the platform bar has gone to the darkside mate, no more good beers and noone from here drinking there anymore. The Archive in Brisbane is now your best bet to get a good beer.

Henno, how long are you coming down for, what method of transport, why on a Sunday and where are you staying?

Bribie Brewery has 3 on tap :icon_drunk:

Definitely Archive, 100 Boundary St West End (Next door to the Police Station). Nectar Liquor Store is a 100m stagger further up Boundary for the best Bottle Selection in Bris.

Screwy

Nectar Liquor Store is a 100m stagger further up Boundary for the best Bottle Selection in Bris.

Screwy

Surely not better than Cellarbrations at Landsborough Pub? They have 3-packs of XXXX Gold tallies shrink wrapped now too :lol:

Ok thanks for all that boys. Looks like I'm staying at the Central Hillcrest Apartments and having a few ales at the Archive. After a quick squiz at the Archive's site it looks like they have a few gooduns on tap. Wish it was the Stone and Wood pacific not the lager though :(

Can anybody tell me whether I should bother with the MT Goat beers. I think I grabbed some of the steam once and didn't find it bad.

The Duke Premium Lager or the Kooinda PA I have no idea about either.

Henno, how long are you coming down for, what method of transport, why on a Sunday and where are you staying?

Bribie Brewery has 3 on tap :icon_drunk:

Just the one night Bribie. Catching train down, picking up a car from Patricks Autocare at Port Brisbane (God knows where it is or how I'll get there) and driving back Monday. Staying at Central Apartments, I think.

Surely not better than Cellarbrations at Landsborough Pub? They have 3-packs of XXXX Gold tallies shrink wrapped now too :lol:

So how do you buy your 4 large stubbies for the ride home if they're wrapped in three??

Henno said:
Just the one night Bribie. Catching train down, picking up a car from Patricks Autocare at Port Brisbane (God knows where it is or how I'll get there) and driving back Monday. Staying at Central Apartments, I think.

When do you need to pick up the car? Shouldn't be an issue to get you there from the Central Apartments. Just need the details to confirm availability as an AHB taxi :)

Definitely Archive, 100 Boundary St West End (Next door to the Police Station). Nectar Liquor Store is a 100m stagger further up Boundary for the best Bottle Selection in Bris.

Screwy

:blink:
There's a Police Station next door???
(guess that shows what condition I usually rock up in :rolleyes: ).

I did a quick calculation on Yellow Cabs page, it would cost you about $55 from CBD to Port Drive. Nasty. However you could go from Central Station on the Cleveland line to Murarrie or Hemmant and grab a cab from there for far less. Geoff to the rescue hopefully :icon_cheers::icon_drunk:

patricks_car.gif

Seeing as I am too broke to go to Murrays like all the cool kids, I am happy to help out.

You are always welcome to drop in here for a brew Hanno, there should be some pumpkin beer action happening over the weekend :icon_cheers: .

Ahem, Paul and Geoff - get a room :ph34r:

Can anybody tell me whether I should bother with the MT Goat beers. I think I grabbed some of the steam once and didn't find it bad.

I like them and rate the hightail ale, i prefer it on tap but find hard to get in brisbane.

Jan.

When do you need to pick up the car? Shouldn't be an issue to get you there from the Central Apartments. Just need the details to confirm availability as an AHB taxi :)

Mate unfortunately I can't pick the car up until the Monday morning. I have to work on Tuesday so it will be a wham bam thank you maam pick up and a 6 hour drive home on Monday. Are you busy on Monday?

Seeing as I am too broke to go to Murrays like all the cool kids, I am happy to help out.

Don't worry about getting me to Port on Monday mate, I'll train and taxi it. A bit of research tells me Wynnum Central is the closest railway with a good taxi rank.

Are you too broke for a few beers on Sunday arvo though? The Archive site says they have Beer O'clock Sundays with live music from 3 o'clock and all craft stubbies are..... That bit is blank but it sounds like it might be cheap! Maybe..

Fair enough on the trip to the Port, if you are happy doing it that way then no dramas.

Sunday the missus has friends coming over for lunch, if I can squeeze out of that one later on I will make my way to Archive for a few beers.