• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Plastic Crates For Bottles?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plooky

Reaction score
Gidday,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on where i would 'obtain' plastic crates (maybe old milk crates) to put my bottles in. I have quite a few (about 150) longnecks sitting in cardboard boxes-which have got wet in the last few days (bloody leaky roof) and need to be replaced (the boxes that is).

I have an idea or two of where to get them from... but maybe some more scrupulous suggestions could be offered :)

Anyway, cheers

P

Bunnings sells crates the same size as milk crates.

FROGMAN.

Check behind bakerys and fish n chip shops.. its not the legal way.. but they have loads of them usually :)

I get mine from under pedestrian bridges or storm water drains close to bakeries and fish-n-chip shops :)

I let other people do the stealing first :D

I get mine from under pedestrian bridges or storm water drains close to bakeries and fish-n-chip shops :)

I let other people do the stealing first :D

Milk crates or Bunnings crates are not very good for storing bottles what with all the wasted space.
Why not get yourself a lot of plywood or MDF offcuts & make up something like this. A quick coat of Estapol makes them waterproof. I have had mine for 12 years & they are still going strong.

IMG_0167.JPG

:beer:

Milk crates or Bunnings crates are not very good for storing bottles what with all the wasted space.
Why not get yourself a lot of plywood or MDF offcuts & make up something like this. A quick coat of Estapol makes them waterproof. I have had mine for 12 years & they are still going strong.

View attachment 12324

Where did you get that big pot, Pete?

Campbell
suffering stockpot envy

Where did you get that big pot, Pete?

Campbell
suffering stockpot envy

Got it from a local catering Co (Best price). It's a 70 litre Rolinox (Not spelt correctly? Pistolpatch has one too) ss stockpot with an aluminium sandwich in the bottom to retain the heat. Good for the double batches I have in the pipeline.

big w or golo or whareouse sell tose type cubes i have a few my self around 6 to 8 bucks each

do you have an ORANA where you live "ORANA INDUSTRIES IS WHERE DISABLED PEOPLE WORK" IF YOU GO THERE THEY WILL TAYLOR MAKE A FEW HUNDRED FOR YOU out of ply wood and pallet pine they look like the beer crates of the olden days and there work is brilliant.

DEL

View attachment 12324

Nice rack, bottle rack that is :beerbang: . You must have a bit of spare time? I still like the ol' milk crate though it is so universal when it comes to brewing. I stack them around 5 high and can get 12-13 bottles per crate.

BYB

Back