Pinnacle Celli Clones ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Postage is the killer on most buys. It would be good for guys in VIC

Hey Devo, Did you require a shank for the fit? and if so did you use the CB one or something else?

No shank, I just hole sawed/dug out a cavity at rear of the fridge door and screwed it all together. I'd post pics but my camera is cactus.

One thing I didn't get with my tap was the little barbed piece on the end of the shank to fit the beer line to. Fortunately I had a spare but will be contacting the supplier about it.

I'm rehashing this because;
1) I want to know how these are performing for those who have them now that they might have had a bit more use and
2) I was wondering if those who have them have source shanks (Ross' Celli shanks seemed to have been sold out for awhile now).
Users - thoughts / experiences?

cheers

I'm rehashing this because;
1) I want to know how these are performing for those who have them now that they might have had a bit more use and
2) I was wondering if those who have them have source shanks (Ross' Celli shanks seemed to have been sold out for awhile now).
Users - thoughts / experiences?

cheers

Giving this a daytime bump. Any responses for the above questions?

Well i called up Pinnacle to check if they could supply any longer shanks and they said not right now but they are expecting a shipment in 2 to 3 weeks that will have longer shanks. Jason could give me an exact length of the new shanks but said to call back when they arrive.

Nice

One of my taps now has a slight leak whenever a beer is poured :( It leaks about 20ml of beer about 30 seconds after the tap is shut. I'll be buying better taps in the near future as I didn't really expect the ones that came with the kegerator to be top of the line. That said, I wouldn't change a thing if I was to buy the lot again (cause it's a freakin' good deal), but Knowing the quality of the taps now I wouldn't buy them on their own. They work, but I doubt they'll still be in use this time next year.

So far mine has been just as good as my other celi tap but I've only poured 1 kegs worth through it.

One of my taps now has a slight leak whenever a beer is poured :( It leaks about 20ml of beer about 30 seconds after the tap is shut. I'll be buying better taps in the near future as I didn't really expect the ones that came with the kegerator to be top of the line. That said, I wouldn't change a thing if I was to buy the lot again (cause it's a freakin' good deal), but Knowing the quality of the taps now I wouldn't buy them on their own. They work, but I doubt they'll still be in use this time next year.

Just to clarify- HB79 are your taps which are leaking the pinnacle kind or a different kind that came with your setup?

cheers

I bought the whole set-up (minus gas/kegs) from Pinnacle, this included kegerator, taps, font, lines (which are shite), gas reg, disconnect for a commercial keg (was supposed to come with 2 but the bloke pretty much refused to send me the other one) and a stand for a gas bottle so small it went in the bin.

Nah, I don't think that'll be the problem (very un-educated guess though), and we might as well call the seals new, the unit is only about 3 months old. It's actually leaking from where the beer comes out, once I finish pouring a beer I leave the glass there for 30 seconds and I end up with a little 20-30ml top up. I think it might be the cone shaped thing inside the tap, might be getting stuck or something.

Nah, I don't think that'll be the problem (very un-educated guess though), and we might as well call the seals new, the unit is only about 3 months old. It's actually leaking from where the beer comes out, once I finish pouring a beer I leave the glass there for 30 seconds and I end up with a little 20-30ml top up. I think it might be the cone shaped thing inside the tap, might be getting stuck or something.

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the feedback

G'day All
I bought a couple to go on a separate garage fridge a short while back and reckon they are great value for money. Big, heavy, shiny, solid - perfect for the location.
No probs with them leaking but the throw is fairly short and they sometimes don't go exactly back to the centre position (pull forward to pour/back for creamer).
After stripping down for initial cleaning, lube and adjustment and they improved a fair bit.

The cone shaped thing is the flow restrictor. It moves back and forward into a matching hole in the shank to cause the restriction (yes - it is a custom matched shank).
It is prior and seperate to the tap seat so shouldn't cause a leak. They do drip for few a few seconds after pouring due to the long spout but not for 30 seconds.

Only PIA I had was getting the beer line over the large barbed tail pieces. The kids learnt a few new words that day.

Cheers :)

I haven't bought one yet, but I have had the bookmark saved in firefox for months. Recently I was at a brew session at the Grain & Grape and Sam showed us the exact same tap in a box from Keg King. It looked very impressive up close, but it wasn't hooked up to anything. For $50 bucks it seems great.

So far mine has been just as good as my other celi tap but I've only poured 1 kegs worth through it.

No problems with my two. They are not quite as smooth flowing as my real celli, but fairly good. Workmanship and materials used on the real celli is a lot better. The conical flow restrictor is a slightly different design, and may be the cause of a little more turbulence on the fakes.

On that note, if you live in Perth the guys down at Beertech have imported another brand of Celli clone and sell that for $80. You have to ask the guys to see them as they are not on display or web site.

These new clones are so well engineered that I dare say they might actually be BETTER than the original. They actually improved the design in a few small ways and the materials are top notch.