Pinapple Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaddy00

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im new to homebrewing, only on my 3rd batch at the moment. A mate of mine left me a 3 litre tin of pineapple juice and said I could have it, after a few mins it hit me...how would pineapple cider taste. Had a little thought about it and hers my recipe, any suggestions?

Apple Cider Kit(as a base)

3 litres of pineapple juice(unsweetened)

1.2 Kg of Raw Sugar

20 litres of spring water

I have made a pear/apple cider before in similar way, forgot about the pear juice having sugar in it :p accidently made a 7.7% brew, blows your head off after every mouthful.

I have just one concern with the recipe, that it will turn out very sour after the sugar is gone from the pineapple.

Hi mate,

Have you thought about making the entire thing just from pineapple juice? I followed a recipe from this website about Vanilla and Cinnamon Apple Cider, where there was no 'water' just 23 litres of juice. It then needed a satchet of champagne yeast which I bought seperately from my local home brew shop. You could try that.

Re: the bitterness... I had a go at blending a kilo of frozen rasberries into a wheat beer. I found that after 6 weeks in the bottle it started to lose its bitterness and at 8 weeks was just simply fantastic. Unfortunately by that stage there was only 6 bottles left!

So I reckon give it a go, and let us know how it turns out!

Cheers,

Ben

http://beerdujour.com/JamilsBrewingNetworkRecipes.htm
04-24-06 Jamil's Great Pineapple Pale Ale / Fruit Beers / (mp3 discussion) by Jamil Zainasheff on The Brewing Network Listen and find out why this recipe is not here.

I am not sure that this is universal for pineapple in brewing, but consider the taste of pineapple minus all of the sugars and the acidity. There is not much info on pineapple in brewing that I have seen, but that is not to say it can't be done.

ED: Grammar

Back