• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Pin Lock Disconnects.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerlickin_B

Mo Bitta, Mo Betta!
Reaction score
These are brand new, never used.

pinlockdisconnects4oi.jpg

I'll happily trade both for a single ball lock liquid tank plug...otherwise PM me with an offer :)

PZ.

Will they fit the Rheem pinlock posts? If so, I'm interested.

PostModern said:
Will they fit the Rheem pinlock posts? If so, I'm interested.
[post="81881"][/post]​

Yeah, that's what I originally bought them for...but the posts "went missing" :eek:

PZ.

I should have mentioned before...I don't necessarily want to trade for a perfect tank plug...just one that a ball lock liquid disconnect with actually clip onto...it's for a cleaning system so leaks are fine :)

PZ.

So these have never been docked to a Rheem keg? Reason I ask is because a friend brought some "pin-lock disconnects" in from the US a while ago for the same kegs as mine and they don't fit. The only ones either of us have found that work are full stainless pieces. Look and work a treat, but really punishing on the Credit Card. If you can assure/guarantee me 100% that they work on Rheem kegs, I'll make a decent offer on them. Can post a pick of the top of one if that helps?

These are made to fit Coke pin locks...so I figure they are right on the money...can't give a 100% tho...I never got to find out for myself :(

If you could post pics of your plugs that would probably be good yeah :)

I'll see if I can take some more detailed pics of the disconnects tonight.

What was it about the ones your mate purchased that made them not fit?

If it helps, one of these is suited to 3 pins and the other is for 2 pins...can't remember which one is which tho :chug:

PZ.

I'm pretty sure the ones he imported were for Coke kegs, so they probably won't work :( I'll post some pics tonight and get the calipers onto one of them. I think there was an issue with diameter. I'm pretty sure the pinlocks we have are fairly obscure.

I own a home brew shop so I get to see most of the things that can go wrong and have looked into those red plastic pinlock fittings.

Coke in Australia had the 2/3 pin fittings made to their speck, they came into postmix relatively late and didnt wast customers using other peoples product in coke equipment, so they came up with a unique design.

The pinlock from OS is a different standard; the red plastic fittings are made by Cornelius and will not fit Ozy gear.

Any HBS should be able to order you a new gas or liquid ball-lock post, I have accumulated a few 2nd hand pinlock posts this way, but 2nd hand ball-lock posts are rare as hens teeth, I think you are stuck with the red connectors, I got a couple u can add to your collection, real cheap if you want them.

mark

MHB said:
I own a home brew shop so I get to see most of the things that can go wrong and have looked into those red plastic pinlock fittings.

Coke in Australia had the 2/3 pin fittings made to their speck, they came into postmix relatively late and didnt wast customers using other peoples product in coke equipment, so they came up with a unique design.

The pinlock from OS is a different standard; the red plastic fittings are made by Cornelius and will not fit Ozy gear.

Any HBS should be able to order you a new gas or liquid ball-lock post, I have accumulated a few 2nd hand pinlock posts this way, but 2nd hand ball-lock posts are rare as hens teeth, I think you are stuck with the red connectors, I got a couple u can add to your collection, real cheap if you want them.

mark
[post="82059"][/post]​

Ok, thanks for that...at least now we know :)

You've got a couple of what? More useless disconnects or something else?

PZ.

Latest posts

Back