Pilly's Revenge.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCT

Beer Nerd
Reaction score
Here is the story of a Pilsner. Let's call him Pilly.
Pilly came into this world full of high hopes and aspirations.
He was born on the 4/6/2008. A wyeast pack was bought, much care was taken in the mash, diacetyl rests done, 1.5 months cold conditioning, 1.5 months in the keg blah blah blah. 5 schooners were poured and everyone agreed it was an absolute winner. A summer hit, and it was decided that not another drop be drunk until summer.
In fact it was a sensational. My absolute finest beer to date, and 4 months in the making.

So, Pilly's fate decided, we left him to age a little. But he wasn't happy with his SS imprisonment. You'll never take me alive said he.

This is Pilly today:

So I was going to write a funny anecdotal story about this but I'm too fkn mad.

The moral of the story is: Make sure you tighten the clamps up properly on your disconnects after you spend all day washing and sanitizing all your taps ekgs and beer lines.

Man I really need a beer right now, pity it's all on the fkn floor!

poor pilly
I admit i only write to get that woeful show us your airlock off the top rank.
Gee :(

Michael I hope you have better luck next time.

Hey Mick as a consolation , you only make that mistake once. :D

Its like forgetting the bungs in the boat , we all do it ONCE..

Sorry man , I feel your pain .... I lost about 7lt a week or so ago , pulled the disconect off and moved the keg too a non serving fridge for storage befor a party , only had a glass or 2 too cheek it was right . well the poppit stuck down a tiny bit and she just slowly dribled out , noticed the pool in front of the fridge, but a loss.. always cheek again and again ....

went straight too our great QLD sponsor and ordered seals for all my kegs ....

cheers

pulled the disconect off and moved the keg too a non serving fridge for storage befor a party , only had a glass or 2 too cheek it was right . well the poppit stuck down a tiny bit and she just slowly dribled out

+1, had a nice little beer bath sitting in the bottom of the freezer. Tend to wait till I've got a spare tap to connect a new keg to these days before gassing them up so they're not just sitting there all pressured up without a disco to put on top.

Back