Perforated Stainless - interest atm - Bris

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

mmmmmm...... BEEEER
Reaction score
I'm needing some perforated stainless sheet for a few bits & pieces for the brewery but don't need a 1200x2400 sheet, so just gauging interest to see if anyone locally - ie Brisbane, wants to split a sheet. I have access to a plasma cutter and willing to cut as required but only into square/rectangular segments, not shaping. If you would like to cut a shape you're more than welcome to come around and utilise the plasma over a beer or 2.

I haven't investigated cost as yet and the best way to split would be per sq/m or part thereof. Hole pitch etc will work out on the majority of interest, but I may want 2 different types myself.

Cheers.

Mods if this is in wrong thread please move.

Ducatiboy stu said:
What size holes
Open to suggestions... I haven't researched enough yet so if anyone wants to throw in their 2c more than welcome.

Like I said in 5150's thread

Your other option is to check around with a couple of local engineering places and see if any have a CNC turret punch that can be programmed to punch a piece of stainless sheet with the holes needed
The heating element manufacturer I used to work for did up some custom drip trays for one of the local hospitality fitout company with some really awesome perforated latticework on their giant turrent punch once
I'm sure if they had the punches small enough and you could draw something up in AutoCAD/sketchup/etc, someone could do something for you cheaper than a full sheet

I was talking to a mate and he said that a good rule of thumb is the whole diameter must be at least the thickness of the steel. Hope that helps.

Cutting up sheet with guillotine may be a better easier cleaner option then a plasma cutter.

wynnum1 said:
Cutting up sheet with guillotine may be a better easier cleaner option then a plasma cutter.
Yes agree, but don't have access to one.

Thought there would be a bit more interest.. I'm still keen to go ahead with it but have other commitments atm, will be looking at it further in the next couple of weeks. Cheers, Sully.

Yeah thought of that, will suss it out.
Cheers

Im keen if what your talking about is similar to the dimensions of the braumeister filter plates, and the price obviously.

If you're willing to pack it and send it to me in VIC I'd be interested. I'm making a false bottom for my mashky.

How much do you need I've got a part sheet I can cut some off for you I also have access to the turret at work for custom bits and pieces

I was going to add a photo but can't figure out how to do it with my phone I'm a bit technology challenged. It's 2mm holes in 1 mm stainless and I've got about 2/3 of a 12 x 24 sheet

I was going to add a photo but can't figure out how to do it with my phone I'm a bit technology challenged. It's 2mm holes in 1 mm stainless and I've got about 2/3 of a 12 x 24 sheet

Hey guys,

Did anything ever come out of this?
I'm in Brisbane and looking to fit my mash tun with a false bottom and would appreciate any tips/supply leads etc :)

Latest posts

Back