pacman - Which Commercial beers use it?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Stone Vertical Ale

It's bottle conditioned, I believe it's paceman for primary, anyone know if it's bottled with it too? I've just saved the dregs of a bottle and will spin it up on the yeast forge if it's not a secondary strain..

Anyone know one way or the other?

Ed: or a beer I can locate that has it?

ed: ed: changed title to more accurately describe what Im looking for

More importantly Yob, where are you getting Stone's from? I know Cellarbrations in Lilydale has been stocking a few styles but it's a little out of my way for regular sampling.

Yob said:
It's bottle conditioned, I believe it's paceman for primary, anyone know if it's bottled with it too? I've just saved the dregs of a bottle and will spin it up on the yeast forge if it's not a secondary strain..

Anyone know one way or the other?

Ed: or z beer I can locate that has it?
Where did you read that Stone use the Pacman yeast, and can I assume it's not the Stone house strain?

Mardoo said:
And they've thrown in the towel :(
Please elaborate Mardoo. You mean the bottlo is cutting out it's craft beer?

Nope. It's closed. Kaput. Habis. Finished. Not to say someone won't just re-open at the same location, but the owners of Low-Buy Liquors who operated that one have left. They sold off their craft stocks at 20-30% off.

Jesus wept.

That was where I was introduced to Pirate Life as well as a source for Stone and DFH. Pretty dead part of town admittedly.

Damn. That sucks. Sorry for the derail BTW!

Hey yob. I thought Rougue Brewing used pacman for all there beers and Stone use a blend of 002/007 which is the house strain.

Pratty1 said:
Hey yob. I thought Rougue Brewing used pacman for all there beers and Stone use a blend of 002/007 which is the house strain.
Might be Rogue I was thinking of.. I have been having the odd one of theirs lately.

I'll look into it.

Cheers

Yep iv'e had a few over the years and all Rogue beers list Pacman as the yeast. As well as a list of other propriety ingredients like malt and hops, I guess that's their way of protecting their brand.

Latest posts

Back