Ot: Gm Wheat, Voice Your Opinion To The Pm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdilley

Reaction score
Genetically Modified Wheat, rejected by the other countries is being grown in Australia by the Government/CSIRO and according to plan will be in your food and on supermarket shelved by 2015 and will not be labelled so you will not know if you are eating it or not. It may even be malted and made available for your wheat beers, who knows.

I'm not one to ever get up on such things but what got me going was instead of 2 years of scientific trials before human or animal testing, this thing seems to be rammed through all normal safe gaurds and will only get one single day of human trials and then declared safe to eat and put into Australia's food supply.

This just sounds dodgy on every front no matter which way you look at it. Whats the big rush to bypass all the testing and safe guards and get it on your plate? And GM rice has contaminated all rice crops in 3 major Chinese provinces, GM maize has contaminated corn in all the Americas. What will GM wheat pollens do to all of Australia's wheat crops when it blows on them and cross-contaminates them?

If this has you worried about your family's food, this link will let you send a letter to the PM about it.

Don't swallow GM Bread

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

I had no idea that was going on.

I added this part to the form letter:

I do not want to see the toxic tactics of the Monsantos of the world destroying livelihoods through litigation for seed savers, litigation due to cross-pollination and other extremely unethical practices in our agricultural industries via a thin-end of the wedge approach. Especially one of our major agricultural industries. Where does it stop? Barley? Corn? Rice?

Also what if GM wheat finds its way into beer?

Genetically Modified Wheat, rejected by the other countries is being grown in Australia by the Government/CSIRO and according to plan will be in your food and on supermarket shelved by 2015 and will not be labelled so you will not know if you are eating it or not. It may even be malted and made available for your wheat beers, who knows.

I'm not one to ever get up on such things but what got me going was instead of 2 years of scientific trials before human or animal testing, this thing seems to be rammed through all normal safe gaurds and will only get one single day of human trials and then declared safe to eat and put into Australia's food supply.

This just sounds dodgy on every front no matter which way you look at it. Whats the big rush to bypass all the testing and safe guards and get it on your plate? And GM rice has contaminated all rice crops in 3 major Chinese provinces, GM maize has contaminated corn in all the Americas. What will GM wheat pollens do to all of Australia's wheat crops when it blows on them and cross-contaminates them?

If this has you worried about your family's food, this link will let you send a letter to the PM about it.

Don't swallow GM Bread

Well done Pete. Regardless of personal opinions on gm everyone should be informed about this issue

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Ive literally added my words to pete's

Latest posts

Back