One Way Valves Are Good Mmmkay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my reg fixed by some old bloke, he's in the Ipex storage yard on Sherwood Rd, Rocklea, I'm sorry thats all I remember but BOC gases put me on to him they would have his number. He'd be worth calling he seemed to know a lot about regs.

Wort said:
I got my reg fixed by some old bloke, he's in the Ipex storage yard on Sherwood Rd, Rocklea, I'm sorry that’s all I remember but BOC gases put me on to him they would have his number. He'd be worth calling he seemed to know a lot about regs.
[post="54178"][/post]​

There's nothing too them , used to repair them when I worked for BOC
Basic azz

Batz

There's nothing too them , used to repair them when I worked for BOC
Basic azz

Batz

Hi, Batz,
Will they sell anyone the kit to o/haul them?
I think I might need one for my party regulator.

Cheers

I don't know Dicko , it was 25 years ago I worked there :eek:

I am sure someplace would sell them , try Ultimate Air in Perth if BOC will not help you out.

Batz

I have to report a me too on this one. I took a 3 gal keg of hefeweizen to a party on the weekend. It wasn't quite finished when I left so I left it in the custody of a mate. He droppe dit off at my place yesterday and when I got home last night I took one look at the gas line and my heart sank! The beer had even made it back into the sodastream bottle!!.

I disassembled it immediately and thankfully it looks like the 1st time its happened as the reg is very clean inside otherwise. I am not sure about the gauges though they look like potential bacteria factories though.

GMK how much for a reg and two check valves and postage to Perth?

He droppe dit off at my place yesterday and when I got home last night I took one look at the gas line and my heart sank! The beer had even made it back into the sodastream bottle!!.

That's it, you've just scared me enough. I'm definitely fixing mine to the keg fridge next weekend and might buy another for the soda stream setup.
I force carbonate with the "shake like hell" method and have seen the beer go up the gas line but never to the regulator. Better safe than sorry though.

You had better put me down for one of those GMK... just add it to the stuff you are already organising!

It seems to me that the most likely time for this to happen is during the shake carbonation method. I plan on having a dedicated carbonation line from my reg, and will put the check valve in that line, right at the disconnect end. There is a nr valve right on the regulator (Cigweld), but that is not really the best spot, but ok for a backup I suppose.

Cheers
Dreamboat

ok dream boat - send me a pm on the stuff u want and what we have agreed to as well...

I have some of teh stuff put away - but just to make sure...

let em know when the direct deposit has been made and your address again as well.

Another spot that this is likely to occur is when a keg is naturally carbonated with priming sugar rather than force carbonated. If the pressure is a bit high in the keg, and the pressure is a bit low in the gas line, you hook up the gas line to the keg and froth backs up the line.

Have seen this happen to my gas line, and I am very worried about the state of the reg here.

Back