Okocim Porter Available In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get all these Polish Beers here in London. Most of them are full of adjuncts and give you a mighty headache.

With the Okocim, the Palone is awesome, but I am pretty sure it is actually a lager. On the label they have a dragon covered with fire (so it gets cool factor!). The Mockne on the other hand is a nasty imperial pilsner at about 8% abv which makes you want to curl up and die the next morning. Dont start me on some of the other Polish beers such as warzone and Zwikie!

I had my last Porter last night, shared it with a mate after we had a slow cooked (12hrs+ at 87degC) lamb roast with an older bin28. Didn't really want another wine so I got the last porter out.

In this cold weather, bloody fantastic beer, a bit sweeter than I remember but still very good and very worthy to finish the night on.

So I grabbed a bottle of Coopers Stout out of the cellar. I buy it when I see it on special and then put it away in the cellar for a year. The bottle we drank had a 2005 date on it. Nice beer, but had started developing that cidery flavour that the aged coopers has that you can get at the Austral or the Ed in Adelaide. I have 4 left and then I am onto the 2006 release.

Thanks for the heads up on this beer TDA, glad I didn't drink it all at Christmas.

Kirk

Hopefully I'm not too far OT, but I'm currently drinking the Okocim Palone.

No-one else has mentioned that it is a fire-brewed dark beer @ 5.5%.

It has a great solid body and is slightly smoky and definitely a well-smooth dunkel, with a luscious thick creamy pale tan coloured head. Give me more...

Haven't tasted the Porter yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm sure I've seen it in Newcastle somewhere.
Hope the HAG brew port barrel porter lives up to the standard.

Beerz
Seth :p

Latest posts

Back